Adam and Chelsea knew each other in high school, but reconnected after some time in the military where they individually traveled the globe. Once married they kept traveling and one of Chelsea’s friends showed her skoolies.
At first, the couple thought it was insane. But after diving down the #Skoolie Instagram rabbit hole they were committed, and just days later purchased the bus! That said, it would be another 2.5 years before they actually moved in.
Amazingly, they only spent $11K on their bus home. Determined to do it on the cheap in case it didn’t work out for them, they found the cheapest way to do everything and the results are amazing! Watch the video tour to learn more.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
It Took 2.5 Years, but only $11K to Finish This Skoolie!
The mural on the outside of the bus looks amazing.
That’s a 12-foot-long live edge piece.
VIDEO: Beautiful DIY $11K School Bus for Veteran Couple
- Their 2020 Skoolie Project Turned Into A Full-Time Lifestyle!
- The Arrow Anglers: Family Skoolie Living
- Garcia Casita: Family of 6 and Their RV Renovation
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Nomad Settles Down to Tiny House Village in Austin - January 22, 2022
- Traditional ‘Trullo’ Home in Italy With Stone-Coned Roof! - January 22, 2022
- Round, Two-Bedroom ‘Ula’ Cottage in Kenya - January 21, 2022