This eco-home is so neat, and I don’t know what to call the shape other than a “Swiss roll”! The owners at Great Field Farm in Canterbury call it the “Bumble Barn” because the living sedum roof is a favorite of the local bees. While not exactly “tiny,” it’s a unique and sustainable design that we could all take inspiration from.
The long home actually has three bedrooms: one main room with a queen bed and ensuite bathroom, and twin side-by-side bedrooms with 2 twin beds each. The rest of the barn has a kitchen, dining room, and sleek living area that opens out to a patio. What do you think of this fun design?
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Beautiful Modern Home w/ Living Roof! Sleeps 6
The cottage sits on 45 acres of beautiful farmland.
French doors open out onto the patio.
The beautiful dining table sits up to 6 people.
The main bedroom has a Queen-sized bed.
Here’s one of the twin rooms.
And another twin room right next door!
You can see the green roof and skylights.
Here’s one of the bathrooms. That’s a cool shower!
- Great Field Farm is set in 45 acres, including gardens, paddocks and the great field with different crops each year.
- Bumble Barn is the newest addition to our eco-friendly holiday lodges.
- Built to Passiv house standards with smart technology and a beautiful living sedum roof that bees love.
- The views from the sitting room and patio over open fields and sky are stunning, with wildlife all around.
- Truly quiet and rural, yet Canterbury, Folkestone, Hythe, Channel Tunnel only 10 minutes drive.
- Bumble Barn has a large sitting, dining and kitchen area, opening onto the patio with views of the horse paddocks, open field and trees.
- Sitting Room has a smart 4K TV
- Fully equipped kitchen with large fridge/freezer
- Main bedroom with king sized double bed and en suite shower room.
- Optional colour changing LED lighting.
- 2 twin bedrooms
- ‘Couplespod’ Cabin in South Africa
- The Snoozy-Owl Pod: Perfect Cottage Getaway
- Custom NestPod Tiny House on Wheels by Tiny House Scotland
Our big thanks to James D. for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Beautifully-Crafted Vardo-Style Tiny House For Sale! - November 28, 2023
- Nigel & Sue’s Van Conversion: Exploring Australia - November 28, 2023
- 20-ft. Pink & Teal Tiny House by Kaiser Tiny Homes - November 27, 2023