It’s easy to look at vanlifers and skoolie conversions and get discouraged that you just don’t have the funds to get a large vehicle or the know-how to fix it up. Meg and Ben managed to get on the road spending only $400 on their renovation of an outdated travel trailer — and as long as it’s short enough, you can easily pull one like this with an SUV.
The end result is a bright and lovely home that they renovated in only a few weeks! Meg said they had little to no experience, but by the end they were able to rely on YouTube tutorials to sew chair covers, put up tile, and lay flooring — and you can do the same. They even painted the exterior a stunning blue color.
They’ve both loved escaping the corporate grind and getting closer to Ben’s indigenous roots. Watch their full tour with Tiny Home Tours below. You can follow Meg and Ben over at @blackwolfwanderers on Instagram.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Escaping the Corporate Grind in their $400 Trailer Reno
Paint goes a long way to update a dark and dingy space!
The kitchen looks awesome, but the fruit hammock is my favorite part!
VIDEO: Custom Budget $400 Travel Trailer Tiny House
- Chef’s kitchen
- Contact paper looks like wood
- Sewed chair seat covers
- Lots of paint!
- Shower with tub (Meg actually uses)
- The Ramblr 2.0: Retro Themed $6.5k Budget RV Conversion
- She Converted Two Vintage Trailers into Her Tiny Home Oasis
- Vintage 1920’s Caboose Turned Tiny Home Vacation
Our big thanks to Allison for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- 29 Ft Northwoods Fully-Furnished Thimble Home For Sale - April 14, 2021
- The Wildernest Bus: Raised Roof Skoolie - April 14, 2021
- Raising the Roof in Their Skoolie: Financial Independence Journey - April 13, 2021