Tom and Jodie aren’t quite retirement age, but with an empty nest they were ready for a new chapter and didn’t want to wait another 20 or so years of work to get there! So they sold their home, purged a lifetime of belongings, and built out a Bluebird bus.
Their 35-foot bus got a professionally-done 20-inch roof-raise, but they did the rest of the work themselves. Tom chose to put all the plumbing inside the bus, so they don’t have to worry about freezing temperatures. Let us know what you think in the comments!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
20 Inch Roof-Raise & Huge Bathroom Space
They have a nice dinette and couch area.
The happy couple enjoying their travels.
VIDEO: 35 ft. Self Built School Bus w/ 20” Roof Raise
- Couple Finding Financial Freedom in their 1995 GMC Bluebird
- Environmentalists’ Cankuna Sunshine Collective Skoolie
- Empty Nester’s Little Homie Skoolie Conversion
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
‘If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Amazing 12-foot-wide Park Model with Ground Floor Bedroom - September 28, 2023
- Her Self-Built Van Conversion with No Prior Experience - September 28, 2023
- Their Shipping Container Cabin and RV Life - September 27, 2023