Alex and Meg are “slow roamin'” the Americas in their recently redone 2006 Chevy Express 2500. They added a roof raise and tons of awesome exterior gear to ensure they can get to and stay just about anywhere on their journey!
Their van, named “Betty” has gotten a total overhaul, including a much larger kitchen so cooking on the road is easier. They tucked the fridge between the front seats, and Alex built a cool rack that keeps all their dishes in place, no matter what the terrain. Let us know which part you love the most!
Don’t miss other exciting stories like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more
Headed to South America in Their 2006 Chevy Express 2500
The custom cabinetry with stick handles is so classy.
Their couch folds into a bed at night, and there’s a propane cooktop.
VIDEO: Couple’s DIY Camper Van – Custom Roof Extension & Off Road Ready
- Alex and Meg have each lived in a number of rigs before they got one together. Originally from Canada, they wanted to tour all the Americas and decided to upgrade their 2006 Chevy Express 2500 to make it easier to live out of for the foreseeable future.
- They absolutely love “Tim the Tiny Stove” that one of their van contacts built. It was a prototype and the smallest tiny stove we’ve ever seen!
- An added fiberglass roof raise enables them to stand up inside the van, which definitely improved the comfort level inside.
- They have a couch made from a used latex mattress which they cut into 4 pieces to make it work.
- Follow them on Instagram
- Check out their Facebook
- Subscribe to their YouTube Channel
- Subscribe to Tiny Home Tours on YouTube
- Win a Family-Sized Adventure Van (Support Charity)!
- Van Life Couple’s Tiny Home in Belgium
- Nomadic Van Life in his Nissan NV2500 That’s Built Like a Cabin
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses