Six years ago, Cortni’s life was falling apart: Her father had a stroke, she was trying to save his two faltering businesses (while hardly taking home a paycheck) and her roommates had made new living plans without her…When a family friend offered her a job at his campground, and a fifth wheel to live in, she reluctantly agreed and tried to keep her new “tiny life” a secret.
But in time, she fell in love with living in 350 square feet! She searched for a camper with a layout she loved, and decided to renovate the dingy interior into something a 20-year-old bachelorette would want to own. From there, she had the idea to start renovating RVs for a living with her business partner mom!
The dynamic duo (The Flipping Nomads) has now done 15 complete RV renovations, as well as working on upgrades for nearly 45 other RVs. She was recently asked by Keystone to design and build a concept RV — with pretty much no limitations to her creativity or budget! What an inspiration!
Check out a bunch of amazing before and after pictures below, and a huge thanks to Donald Campbell for sending us this great story.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Mother-Daughter Duo: Business Partners Renovating RVs (BEFORE Renovation)
Above is the RV she bought for herself. Below is what it looked like after her very first renovation!
Dark and dingy cabinets mark this RV….
Farmhouse glam after Cortni’s hard work!
Look at the difference white paint makes!
From a wallpaper runner to…
Glamorous blue-green tiles!
Yellow oak, brass pulls, white appliances…
To this sleek black and white wonder with the coolest flooring transition!
Uh oh…water damage galore in this bedroom.
Now look at it! Cozy and romantic.
Ah yes…wall to wall glass closets.
Transformed into a nursery! Adorable.
Why would you part carpet near the shower and sink?
Now this is a Master Bedroom/Bathroom to love.
Those window treatments are something else.
Taking out the cabinets really opens up the space.
Here’s another cabinet-removal gone amazing.
I particularly love the light fixtures.
Here she got very daring and added these amazing windows.
It really paid off!
This dingy rounded countertop screams 90s.
And now it’s a modern farmhouse kitchen.
From gloomy dining area…
To a country breakfast nook (with hidden dog crates!)
Honestly I don’t even know what’s going on here haha!
So much simpler and cleaner.
- Mother and Daughter Business
- Cornti was almost-homeless 6 years ago
- Started trailer living in desperation
- Fell in love with tiny life
- Transformed RV renos into a full-time job!
- Partnered with Keystone to create concept camper
- Has fully renovated 15 RVs
- Buy a renovation here
- The Flipping Nomad website
- The Flipping Nomad on Instagram
- This Mother-Daughter Duo Turns RVs Into Perfect Tiny Homes and the Before and Afters Are Incredible
- Couple Renovate RV into a Bohemian Tiny Home
- Photographer and Florists Light & Bright RV Reno
- Finding Financial Freedom: Goodbye Mortgage, Hello RV Renovation!
Our big thanks to Donald for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Tiny House on Wheels with 2.4 Acres of Land - February 1, 2023
- Park Model Tiny Home with Option for Lot Rent in Liberty Hill, Texas - February 1, 2023
- 2015 Tumbleweed Mica: Compact, Single-Level Tiny House - February 1, 2023