This is a stone cellar below an old stone house in France that’s been converted into an incredibly cozy Airbnb. The studio-style space has everything you need — a double bed, wood-burning stove, compact bathroom, and kitchen space with a mini fridge, oven, and a variety of dishware and utensils.
The space has a blend of exposed stone and rough-hewn wood elements that add to the charm. It feels somewhat “hobbity” inside, and the stone table is a fun addition to the space. You can even dine outdoors at a custom table. What do you like most about this tiny house?
Don’t miss other interesting homes like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more!
A Stone Cellar Turned Tiny Cottage in France
The entrance to the cellar is along a grand stone wall.
There’s even a stone table!
There’s a little rustic pantry.
All the necessary implements for cooking.
An oven and mini fridge are under the curve of the cave.
Here’s the cozy bed nook.
Rough-hewn wood lines the bedroom space.
A sitting area with twinkly lights.
There are some shelves of books.
The light from one of the only windows shines through the thick stone wall.
The compact bathroom has a toilet, shower and stone sink basin.
- Welcome to the end of the village, You will be staying in an old cellar renovated and transformed into a home
- It is a living room composed of: a kitchen area with gaziniere, fridge, dining area, 140 cabin bed (I don’t provide linens) , a little relaxation area and a bathroom
- The getaway is only heated with wood, it’s up to you to maintain your fire
- Atypical accommodation mixing of stone and wood on the walls and floor
- LINENS and TOWELS not provided
- The space
- The getaway is an old cellar renovated and transformed into a dwelling at the very end of the village
- It is therefore vaulted, it is a mix of wood and stone that you will discover on the floor and on the walls so I advise you to bring your little slippers!
- In the winter the only way to heat is to wood there is a stove , I’ll provide you with the wood but it’s up to you to manage your fire so you don’t get cold
- The getaway is composed of a living room with:
- a relaxation area (bench with cushions)
- a table and chairs,
- a bed in 140 ( I do not provide the sheets there is still a mattress cover, a duvet 200 x 200 and 2 pillows)
- a bathroom with shower, sink and toilet Sani garbage disposal (nothing is thrown in!)a kitchen area with a gaziniere, a fridge, an walk-in coffee maker and the essentials for eating and cooking
- outside is a table
- This is an atypical cocooning home that I redone with great pleasure. I want to welcome people who are respectful of my work and to get out of the routine I made the choice not to put TV, wifi,microwave, kettle etc… but don’t worry, 4G goes very well in the village.
- When you arrive: there is dishcloth, sponge, dishwashing and household product, mattress cover, shower mat, 1 roll of toilet paper
- Cleaning is not included in the price so you agree to do it and make the getaway as clean as it was when you arrived
- Very important, we can meet spiders from time to time ( not bad) notice to those who are afraid this listing will not suit you;-)
- Heating only with wood with a stove it is up to you to manage your heat we provide you with wood
- Historic Cave Home in Spain
- Epic Cave Vacation with Hot Tub Sleeps 7!
- 350 Sq. Ft. Garage Converted into “Family Cave”
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- 2023 NOAH-Certified 28′ Double Loft Tiny Home - December 2, 2023
- Tree House Tiny House with 3 Standing Bedrooms! - December 2, 2023
- Safe and Sonder Van Life with Hanging Swing Chairs - December 2, 2023