There are geodesic domes scattered across North America to stay in, but this one is particularly magical since it sits on the Nalu Retreat grounds in Nova Scotia, Canada. The private grounds are kept free from partying or loud carousing, designed to be a true respite from the busyness of what’s going on elsewhere.
The dome itself boasts 16-foot-high ceilings, a cozy electric fireplace, a 3/4 luxury bathroom, and amazing panoramic views of the Canadian forest outside. After crawling out of your cushy queen-sized bed, you can make a cup of coffee in the kitchenette and sit in patio chairs on your private deck overlooking the grounds. There’s a mini hot tub, a fire pit, and even a loft space for stargazing. What do you think?
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Gorgeous Dome on Peaceful Resort Grounds
You can relax on the couch in comfort.
And look out on the gorgeous trees!
Another look at the gorgeous views.
There’s a Tibetan singing bowl on the pouf.
Up in the loft you can see out the dome peak!
An electric fireplace keeps things cozy.
The bathroom is in the middle of the dome.
A snuggly queen bed has a beautiful pine headboard.
All linens are provided for you to enjoy!
A nice kitchenette sits alongside a table for two.
You have a lovely private deck, still with amazing views!
A mini hot tub is tucked into the deck!
A lovely little fire pit for your use.
The bathroom has a flush toilet, glass shower stall and modern vanity.
Details from the Host:
- The dome has 16 ft high ceilings, large panoramic windows that bring mother nature indoors, a well equipped kitchen, spa inspired bathroom, fireplace, queen size bed, private deck with hot tub, bbq and outdoor shower for a cold plunge
- Nalu Retreat is a healing retreat and nature sensory experience perched on the edge of a cliff where we invite you to practice mindfulness and enjoy the art of simply being. We kindly ask that you use spa voices throughout Nalu Retreat so all guests can enjoy the sound of Nature.
- Kitchen: French press with a variety of local coffee, Keurig, electric portable burners, toaster oven, microwave, utensils, dishes, and the basics: salt, pepper, sugar, local honey, oil etc. There are some local snacks and local pre-made meals that can be ordered during your stay. Meals can be ordered in advance or check out in the guest shop for items in the dome.
- Living Room and Bedroom: Medium firm pillow-top mattress with variety of pillows and blankets ensures you will have a restful sleep. Stylish boho living room with couch and poufs to cozy up by the fireplace and enjoy the view.
- Linens: All Linens provided. Oversized robes and slippers, Hand Made Turkish towels that work great for the beach. Nalu Towels also available for sale.
- Self Healing: Yoga Mats, Singing bowls, meditation instruments, selection of enlightening books, zen adult doodling books, board games, puzzles, nature / white noise machine. Enjoy getting cozy by the fireplace or take a nap in our oversized bean bag chair for two in the stargazing zen loft with large skylight
- Nordic Spa Ritual: Please enjoy the hot tub and cold shower as a mini Nordic Spa experience while we are constructing the Nordic Day Spa.
- Heating and Cooling: Each dome has a mini split ac/heating unit, Propane fireplace, fans, and multiple heaters to keep the temperature comfortable.
- Handy items: Umbrella, eye masks, slippers, shower cap, blowdryer and our favourite Canadian shampoo, conditioner and body wash are all things you will find in the dome conveniently for your stay.
- Fire-pit and shared amenities: A shared enclosed fire-pit is located on the property and shared sauna is currently being constructed. Please see guest map. *** YOU MUST CHECK BEFORE YOU BURN***
- Maintaining a tranquil good vibe while being a guest at Nalu Retreat. No Noise or Loud Music, No Partying, No Disruptive Behavior, No Smoking and No Outside Unregistered Guests
- Service & Wifi: There is only limited Rogers service once you turn onto Myra Rd. Please save directions, wifi code and check in instructions in the event that you need help checking in.
- Safety: Fire Alarm, Carbon Monoxide Detector, Fire extinguisher in domes and at Shared Fire pit and First Aid Kits In the event of an emergency, Call 911
- Geo-Dome Cabin in Bend, Oregon Known as “Dome Sweet Dome”
- Nomadic Couple Build a Geodesic Dome in the Woods
- A Cob Home Inside a Glass Dome in Norway
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Beautifully-Crafted Vardo-Style Tiny House For Sale! - November 28, 2023
- Nigel & Sue’s Van Conversion: Exploring Australia - November 28, 2023
- 20-ft. Pink & Teal Tiny House by Kaiser Tiny Homes - November 27, 2023