Donna and her husband will take over her parent’s farm someday, and in the interim, they’ve set up a lovely geodesic dome vacation home for guests to enjoy a romantic getaway. It allows them to bring in some extra income while Donna is at home with her young children (and going back to work wouldn’t cover daycare expenses).
The dome sits on the Mangora River in New Zealand, and has all the comforts of home — a King-sized bed, a wood-burning stove, a kitchen with a two-burner cooktop, and a bathroom with a shower. Take a tour of the space and hear from Donna about the construction of the cabin below!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Farm Glamping Experience on Mangora River
The large wall of windows looks out over the river.
They provide a King-sized bed for your ultimate comfort!
The adjacent bathhouse/kitchen provides you with a comfortable stay.
VIDEO: Unique Tiny Home – Geodesic Dome w/ Outbuilding
- Donna had young children at home and wanted a way to bring in some additional income, so she decided to transform some space on her parent’s farm into an Airbnb.
- The space began with a bell tent and the kitchen/bathroom tiny house, but they later upgraded to the awesome dome.
- It only took them two days to build the dome!
- There’s an outdoor tub for a “hot tub” experience on a budget.
- A fire pit with an old boat sticking out from the ground is a fun addition to the space.
- Subscribe to Tiny Home Tours on YouTube
- Book your stay at River Belle Glamping
- Follow River Belle Glamping on Instagram
- Nomadic Couple Build a Geodesic Dome in the Woods
- Silver Birch Resort Geodesic Dome Home
- Wildlife Sanctuary Geodesic Dome Vacation
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Gorgeous Three-Bedroom Tiny House For Sale - February 23, 2024
- Wee Nook Hobbit-Style Cabin in Tennessee - February 23, 2024
- Davey Jackson by Off Highway Van: Rugged Luxury Van Life - February 23, 2024