Here’s a really neat floating home that’s moored in Sarasota Bay in Florida, where you can stay for a couple of nights. It’s an off-grid adventure, but they have some solar power and plumbing to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
The one-room houseboat has a couch that turns into a bed, a little kitchenette, and a bathroom that allows for a 5-minute shower. The coolest feature of this vacation home, however, is the rooftop patio where two lounge chairs sit basking in the sun!
Don’t miss other amazing stories like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Sarasota Bay House Boat For Epic Vacation
You get to really float and aren’t docked!
There’s a couch bed that folds out at night.
Here it is in couch mode.
The projector screen has Smart TV access.
There’s a little sink in the kitchen.
There’s a long countertop with a drawer.
I like the mini portholes.
A compost toilet in the bathroom.
The glass sink is so beautiful!
And there’s a shower stall.
Grilling with a gorgeous view!
There are controls, but guests cannot drive it.
Now here’s a great spot to sunbathe!
You can hang out here to cook.
It would be nice to sit out here and dangle your legs.
The bold orange is a nice touch.
Solar panels provide power.
- Off-grid adventure with solar power and plumbing for comfort.
- One-room houseboat with a convertible couch bed, kitchenette, and 5-minute shower bathroom.
- Highlight feature: Rooftop patio with two lounge chairs for sunbathing.
- Fully insulated 30ft boat with a cozy bed, and surrounding windows for sunset/sunrise views.
- Front and back doors provide access to the patio and fresh air from the sea.
- Full turf top deck for activities like suntanning, star gazing, and yoga.
- Accessible only by boat, with a provided 9-foot dinghy for transportation.
- Booking is available on Airbnb, with check-in at the ramp.
- Ideal for a unique vacation experience.
- Their Four Season Houseboat in North Carolina
- They Built a Nordic House Boat Cabin in Stockholm
- Couple’s Off-Grid Floating Home Lifestyle in Florida
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Is This the Perfect Off-Grid Family Tiny Home? - September 23, 2023
- Home on Wheels: A Family’s 50-Day Transition to RV Living - September 23, 2023
- His Incredible DIY Adventure Rig - September 22, 2023