Salina and Marcelo met in California while Marcelo was living his dream as a professional skateboarder. They got married and traveled for Marcelo’s competitions. But their rent in San Diego was crippling, and they wanted more out of their lives. They decided on van life, but couldn’t find an affordable van — so they bought a 90 sq. ft. short bus instead!
It took them 6 months from buying the bus until they moved into it, and they did a great job! There’s a hidden bathroom, a kitchen space, and a fixed queen bed in the back. They also have a unique table covered with pictures of their travels. What part do you love the most?
Don’t miss other amazing stories like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
What They Love And Don’t Love About Their Skoolie
You might notice that great table on the left.
There’s a hidden shower and toilet under the countertop.
They blacked out the back windows to keep things cozy.
VIDEO: They quit paying rent to live in a bus!
- Salina and Marcelo decided to ditch California rent and embrace bus life for more freedom.
- Instead of an expensive van, they bought a 90 sq. ft. short bus.
- It took them 6 months to convert the bus into their living space.
- Features include a hidden bathroom, kitchen space, and a fixed queen bed.
- They have a unique table adorned with pictures of their travels.
- The bus has blacked-out back windows for coziness.
- Follow Marcelo on Instagram and subscribe to Tiny House Giant Journey on YouTube for more.
- Their story is an inspiration for those seeking alternative living and financial freedom.
- Couple with Visiting Teen in their Self-Built School Bus Tiny Home
- National Park Adventures: Couple’s Van Conversion Journey
- German Couple’s Epic Overlander w/ Amazing Design
Our big thanks to Jenna for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
‘If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Bus and Van Life After Losing Her Mom - September 26, 2023
- Their Epic 4×4 Ambulance Conversion - September 26, 2023
- Incredible 38-ft. Tiny House with a Private Bedroom - September 25, 2023