Hillary raised her three children on her own since they were 6, 4 and 2, and while her job in law enforcement provided for them, it was never enough for Hillary to save for retirement. Once her kids were grown and out of the house, she chose tiny living so she could retire comfortably!
She was able to pay cash for her THOW and has no mortgage — only the monthly land rental fee she pays to her landlords. Her two older animals — a dog and cat — live with her and enjoy her fenced-in yard. And she calls it “cheating,” but Hillary also has a shed on the property for her seasonal clothes, a deep-freezer and extra pantry goods.
Don’t miss other interesting stories like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Her Desert Tiny Home with Huge Deck & Shed
Her comfy sectional sofa can become a twin bed.
Carpeted steps lead to her loft bedroom.
She chose a washer over a dishwasher in the kitchen.
VIDEO: Her Retirement Plan is Tiny Home Living
- Paid cash for her tiny home
- No mortgage
- Loft bedroom
- 3/4 bathroom with washer
- Full kitchen
- Oven, Fridge, Microwave
- Under-the-stair “cat condo”
- Extra storage shed with deep freezer
- She Built a $15,000 Tiny House During Lockdown
- Marsha’s Shed Tiny House Remodel (2021)
- She’s a Poet on a Journey in Her Skoolie
Our big thanks to Christina for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Nomad Settles Down to Tiny House Village in Austin - January 22, 2022
- Traditional ‘Trullo’ Home in Italy With Stone-Coned Roof! - January 22, 2022
- Round, Two-Bedroom ‘Ula’ Cottage in Kenya - January 21, 2022