While many “Hobbit Holes” on Airbnb feature tons of natural wood and dark stains, this little cottage in McKinney, Texas pairs the natural wood with bright white walls and a stunning pebbled bathroom that feels inviting and uplifting! The outdoor patio and picket fence really complete the cheerful Hobbiton vibe.
Inside you’ll find a custom hand-made round bed that stands as the grand feature of the interior. The headboard is also round, matching the front door. While there aren’t any kitchen appliances inside, there is a spacious bathroom complete with a copper basin sink and a barrel-inspired soaking tub, so you can feel like a dwarf on his way to Laketown (but less squashed).
Don’t miss other incredible vans like this, join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Round Door & Round Bed: Cozy Hobbit Cottage in Texas
The cute spot is an addition to the main house.
This magical twinkle-light walkway welcomes you in the evening.
The round bed! It’s the focal point of the whole cottage.
Here’s what you see when you first walk inside.
There’s even a round doorway to the bathroom.
A gorgeous gnarly wooden table and chair.
Faux vines line the ceiling for some added charm.
The view of the door when it’s closed. Must be heavy!
The pebbled hearth houses an electric fireplace.
Two matching trees flank the headboard.
Here’s the magical walkway during the day.
Pebbles everywhere! And a porthole.
I’m always here for a basin sink. This copper one is stunning!
Look at the shower/tub! Simply magical.
You’ll feel like you’ve entered Hobbiton!
- For the fans of JR Tolkien, you now have the chance to experience Hobbit life whether it is for a weekend getaway or to embrace a different time period. Painstaking detail was taken to make this a unique experience.
- We have a photographer on short notice.
- Handmade round door – torched, scraped and protected by owner with custom welding
- Handmade round bed
- Custom built bathroom
- Custom shelving
- Decorated Trellis entrance
- Patio with custom landscaping
- LOW CEILINGS: Gandolfs beware – The ceilings are slanted and can get as low a 5’6” in certain areas. Most of the space is 6′ and higher.
- GUEST ACCESS: The guests will have full privacy in the Hobbit House and have full exclusive access to the patio area. From the patio, guests can see the hosts garden, backyard and chicken area.
- The backyard is NOT available for gatherings or exploration by the guests.
- NO COOKING: Please note that this area is 9 minutes away from very fine restaurants in Allen and 12 minutes away from downtown McKinney. Doordash, Grubhub and Uber Eats all are available in this area.
- Hosts provide a coffee maker and a refrigerator – otherwise there is no capability to prepare meals inside the house.
- NO ANIMALS – cleaner is allergic to animals.
- Hobbit Cottage in Upstate New York
- Living Roof Hobbit-Themed Cottage
- Mountain Shire Hobbit Village w/ Tiny Homes!
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny House
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- 2023 NOAH-Certified 28′ Double Loft Tiny Home - December 2, 2023
- Tree House Tiny House with 3 Standing Bedrooms! - December 2, 2023
- Safe and Sonder Van Life with Hanging Swing Chairs - December 2, 2023