Ansel is a self-proclaimed “tiny house hacker,” and that’s because he’s figured out how to earn $6,000/month off of the three tiny homes in his backyard! Oh, and they’re all legal dwellings so he doesn’t have to worry about getting shut down.
He owns and lives on the small plot of land where his 800-square-foot home sits, and then he has two THOWs and a detached garage he turned into a luxury ADU. Ansel rents all three spaces on Airbnb and the income has completely changed his life (for the better). Enjoy the tour of all of them below.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Tiny Oakland: His Mini Backyard Tiny Home Retreat
This one has the coolest vintage kitchen!
His original tiny house has beautiful wood accents.
Here’s the amazing garage conversion!
VIDEO: SMART! He converted his backyard into a hotel (makes $6k/mo)
- Ansel is an amazing entrepreneur living in Oakland where he has an 800-square foot home with a detached garage.
- He started getting interested in tiny homes, and decided to purchase one. He wasn’t sure if people would want to stay there, though.
- Once that tiny house took off, he decided to convert the garage and get another tiny house.
- Now he makes $6,000/month, which covers his $1,600 mortgage and leaves him with enough money for his other bills.
- Each of the tiny homes has a unique design, filled with Ansel’s personality and flair.
- Follow Tiny Oakland on Instagram
- Stay in the Hauxtel Serenity
- Stay in the Tiny Hauxtel
- Stay in The Black Art Gallery
- Subscribe to Tiny House Giant Journey on YouTube
- She Quit Corporate America to Manage Tiny Airbnbs
- Modern NOAH-Certified Tiny House on Wheels
- Persis Shed to Tiny Vacation Home!
Our big thanks to Tiny House Giant Journey for sharing!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses