Catskills Tiny House Workshop is having a workshop in upstate New York on February 10-11, 2023, teaching people how to design, move, and oversee the building of their own small houses.
The $495 fee includes accommodations (in tiny homes!), continental breakfast, sample blueprints, sample written plans, a sample builder’s contract, a sample land rental agreement for a tiny house, and a how-to guide packed with building terms, definitions, and facts. You can learn more and sign up on their website.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Learn All About Building Your Own Tiny Home
You’ll get to talk about the ins and outs of planning your home.
Take a look at one of a number of tiny homes on site.
Close quarters make close friends.
It’s a super scenic spot!
There’s even a yurt!
Talk about the ins and outs of heating, cooling, plumbing and more.
Getting up close and personal.
Secure your spot today!
Learn from people with lots of experience.
The property is pretty magical!
Stay the night in different tiny homes.
Discuss the best storage solutions.
Bounces ideas off of each other.
- Common misconceptions about tiny houses.
- The obvious nexus, and key differences, between a tiny house and a small city apartment.
- Why there’s NO need to hire an architect to design your house.
- How a person with NO drawing skills can create a blueprint a builder can realize.
- The varying dimensions of movable houses.
- The utilities that are commonplace in tiny houses.
- The handful of building terms required to correctly design your house and convey your plans to a builder.
- The best model trailer for a small house.
- When to begin looking for a builder, how to identify the right one, how much to pay them, and how the payment plan is structured.
- Municipality building codes vis-à-vis non-traditional houses.
- How to find a commercial driver, and the required permits, to lawfully transport a completed house from the building site to its new home.
- Where to procure homeowner’s insurance for your tiny house.
- How to locate and rent land where you can park, and live in, your house.
- How to draw water from a stream or pond once you’re there.
Our big thanks to Marty for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Her Stealthy and Affordable Box Truck Home Built for $8.5K - September 21, 2023
- Tiny Stone Cellar Cottage in France - September 20, 2023
- Funky Guitar Tiny House in Romania with Mountaintop Views - September 20, 2023