Rita does amazing paintings and murals as she travels the country in her pig-pink bus named “Wilbur” (like from “Charlotte’s Web”). What’s extra impressive is that she only spent $9,000 on the entire bus and build to create a warm, homey and functional rig.
A large section of her bus is dedicated to her art studio and supplies, but she still has space for a kitchen and couch-to-bed setup. While she built a shower in the bus, she quickly realized it was impractical and transformed it into a closet with a portable emergency toilet in the base. What do you think of her spot?
Don’t miss other amazing tiny house stories, join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
“Wilbur,” Rita’s 2001 Ford Shuttle Bus
She has a big cozy chair next to her studio desk.
She has a removable burner, mini-fridge and gravity-fed water system.
That pink color is truly unique!
VIDEO: Her DIY $9K Bus Tiny House
- Rita transformed a 2001 Ford Shuttle Bus into her cozy and functional tiny house on wheels for just $9,000.
- The bus serves as both her home and art studio as she travels the country, creating stunning paintings and murals.
- Despite the modest budget, Rita’s shuttle bus conversion offers a warm and inviting space with a kitchen and a versatile couch-to-bed setup.
- She cleverly repurposed the shower into a closet and added a portable emergency toilet for practicality.
- The eye-catching pig-pink exterior of the bus reflects Rita’s creative personality and serves as a mobile work of art.
- Inside, a cozy chair next to her studio desk provides a comfortable space for relaxation and artistic inspiration.
- Rita’s shuttle bus conversion showcases the resourcefulness and adaptability required for successful tiny house living.
- It is a testament to the combination of art, adventure, and affordability that can be found in the world of tiny houses.
- Readers can follow Rita’s artistic journey and explore her captivating artwork on her Instagram and website.
- Don’t forget to subscribe to Tiny Home Tours for more inspiring stories of unique and affordable tiny house conversions.
- Follow Rita on Instagram
- Follow Rita’s artwork on Instagram
- Check out Rita’s website
- Subscribe to Tiny Home Tours
- They Turned a Shuttle Bus into a Family Tiny Home
- Musicians’ Shuttle Bus Dream Home
- Their Boho Shuttle Bus Conversion
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
‘If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses