Interested or at least curious about new and clean ways to commute or just move yourself around for the rest of 2019, 2020, and beyond?
Then I think you might find this post entertaining and informative because there are lots of new and interesting “vehicles” out there that are electric-powered that can be fun to get around in. So let’s explore a few together…
Don’t miss other fun articles like this related to tiny living and green commuting, join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
5 Green Ways to Commute in 2020 And Beyond
What do you think of these fun and different ways to moving around? They may not be practical for most of us, but maybe if you live in a city or you just happen to be lucky enough to live really close to your work, or wherever else you may be going everyday, well, maybe these electric vehicles/scooters may be of interest to you. Or at least, entertaining to you because it’s always fun to see what’s new, and these personal electric vehicles are pretty cool, aren’t they?
1. Segway Ninebot ES1 Gen2 Folding Electric Kick Scooter (2019 Version)
- 300W motor with max 700W power
- Up to 15.5 mph
- Up to 15.5 miles of range
- Accommodates weight of up to 220 lbs.
- List price: $549
Learn more: https://amzn.to/2rJu9M6 (Amazon affiliate link)
2. Segway Ninebot S Smart Self-Balancing Electric Transporter
- Dual 400W motors
- Max speed of 10mph
- Runs up to 13.7 miles (range)
- Max slope of 15 degrees
- Weighs 28 lbs.
- Max load 220 lbs.
- List price: $489
Learn more: https://amzn.to/35EAYgk (Amazon affiliate link)
3. Segway Ninebot Electric GoKart Drift Kit (Requires Segway Ninebot S or miniPRO)
- Attaches to Ninebot S
- Range of up to 13.7 miles
- Speed of up to 10 mph
- Handbrake and brake pdeal
- High steering ratio
- Safety seat belt
- Three driving modes
- Adjustable frame length and steering wheel height to accomodate riders from 4’3″ to 6’5″ tall and max load of 220 lbs
- Max slope 15 degrees
- List price: $799
Learn more: https://amzn.to/35sNFuH (Amazon affiliate link)
4. Segway Ninebot S-Plus Smart Self-Balancing Electric Transporter
- Durable base and frame
- Supports up to 220lbs.
- 800W rated power motor
- Quick acceleration and smooth upward mobility
- Max speed 12.5 MPH
- Max cruising distance 22 miles (on single full charge)
- Remote control and follow mode
- Smart lighting
- List price: $779.99
Learn more: https://amzn.to/2PsviQZ (Amazon affiliate link)
5. Segway Ninebot Drift W1 Electric Hovershoes
- Can ride on one or both feet
- Can run up to 45 minutes on a single charge
- Top speed of up to 12 mph
- Designed for kids and adults
- They weigh 7.7 lbs but can carry a max load of 220 lbs
- 3 light modes
- Rubber bumper guard
- $499 list price
Learn more: https://amzn.to/2RU0TNj (Amazon affiliate link)
So what do you think of these person electric vehicles that I’ve shown you? Which is your favorite, least favorite, and what may I have missed to put on the list here besides a classic human-powered bicycle? Let me know in the comments, please!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses