This is Aptera, an electric commuter car that runs itself on solar, and it’s set to start at just $25,900.
The car is also designed with the lowest drag coefficient thanks to its design and lightweight. And yes, there are solar panels built right onto the vehicle. So you just drive it and leave it out in the sun to recharge. Would you ever consider a solar electric car option like the Aptera?
Don’t miss other interesting concepts like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more!
It’s a Self-Powered, Solar Electric Vehicle (SEV)
Normally, solar panels on electric vehicles don’t make sense because most electric cars are so heavy that the solar doesn’t do much.
But in this case, the car is so lightweight and its drag coefficient is so low, that it does make sense to use solar panels for self-recharging.
In other words, the car is so efficient, that it doesn’t take much energy to get it going as well as to keep it going. Therefore, built-in solar charging makes sense for it. And it can charge up to 40 miles of range per day from the sun, which covers most people’s daily needs.
And some models can have batteries with the ability for up to 1,000 miles of range!
It’s set to release within the next few years and will start at just $25,900, and it will also be eligible for EV tax credits, taking the price further down.
Would you ever consider a solar electric vehicle like the Aptera?
There’s a camping add-on and various other features to pick from.
- Solar Electric Vehicle (SEV)
- Lowest drag coefficient car
- Built-in solar panels
- Options for up to 1,000 miles of range
- Options for up to 40 miles of solar charge daily
- Option for camping mode with a tent
- Efficient in-wheel motors
- Aerodynamic and apparently very safe, eggshell design
- Starts at only $26,900
Would you ever consider this vehicle for yourself?
VIDEO: Aptera SEV on Faircompanies
- ‘Electrical Nerd’ Turned Travel Writer and His Van
- CyberLandr Truck Camper For The Tesla Cybertruck
- Living out of his Super-Organized Tesla Tiny House
- Man Turns his Tesla Model S P85 into 1st Tesla Hotel
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- They Built The Most Futuristic Van Conversion For $25K - February 16, 2024
- 2023 Cedar Cabin Sprinter Van Conversion - February 13, 2024
- Minimaliste 30 Foot Nomad Tiny House - February 11, 2024