There’s nothing new about domes, but I love these ones in Colombia that seem to be covered in a taught canvas, creating an upgraded tent perfect for the mild weather of the country. There are a number of them together built on stilts into a mountain/hillside with gorgeous views.
Some are for couples, but this 20-foot-diameter one has a loft for kids (age 6 and over) and a beautiful tiled bathroom. The deck looks out on the valleys below! What do you think of this design?
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Canvas-Wrapped Dome Cabin
There are a number of domes on the property, all with amazing views.
Here you can see all the domes dotting the cliffside.
The domes are covered in a kind of canvas wrapping.
King-sized bed with a canopy in this family dome.
Up in the loft, two twin beds for littles.
Looking down from the loft.
Bedroom from another angle. Looks like the darker triangles are screened.
Here’s the bathroom!
All the amenities.
-Transfer in/out Minca-Trekker-Minca
– Welcome drink or cocktail
– 1 Kingsize Super comfortable bed
– 1 king-size bed located in the mezanine of the Dome (2floor-children)
– High comfort linens
– Private balcony terrace
– Private Catamaran Mesh
– Spectacular view of the sea, Santa Marta and Barranquilla
– Safe deposit box
– Hotel Insurance
– Location 1.8km from Minca
- Pink Dome Cottage in Galveston, Texas
- Mini Dome out of Wood & Stone!
- Geo-Dome Cabin on 40 Acres With A Hot Tub Pond
Our big thanks to Trekker for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Tiny Houses | Airbnb | Dome Homes | Vacations
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- BOHO XLS PLUS All-Electric Tiny House With Separate Ground Floor Bedroom - March 27, 2023
- Shacky in the Forest: Modern Tiny House in Australia - March 27, 2023
- Flight Attendant’s Budget DIY Van Conversion - March 26, 2023
Would have enjoyed this more, since it’s a part of that country that I love, if you had spelled the country’s name correctly: Colombia.
Oh my! So sorry. I will fix it.
WTH? You couldn’t enjoy it fully BECAUSE Columbia was misspelled? Who would even SAY that, much less think it? I would not let trialities be a buzz kill for something as beautiful and awe-inspiring as this dome, especially given its gorgeous scenery and backdrop. Feel free to check my spelling as well.
Color me impressed with the home and design.