Not every 78-year-old boat is seaworthy, but this one got a new life nonetheless as the cozy bedroom of a unique Airbnb! It resembles a shark fin rising from the English countryside.
The owners had a bespoke marine “Hobbit door” built for the boat cabin, which adds to the charm. But don’t worry — there’s comfort as well. The adjacent cottage has a kitchenette with a stone sink and a gorgeous, moody bathroom with a lovely shower stall. What do you think?
- A 78-year-old boat transformed into a charming Airbnb cottage in the English countryside.
- Unique marine “Hobbit door” added to boat cabin for extra charm.
- Off-grid retreat with adjacent cottage, offering cozy amenities and stunning views.
Don’t miss other interesting homes like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Stylish & Quirky Boat Cottage in England
It has a lovely mysterious feel in the dark.
There’s an outdoor tub so you can soak with a view!
That stone sink makes me swoon!
There’s a fridge and smaller appliances for simple meals.
The boat has a King-size bed for your comfort.
An old oil lamp rewired for you.
Play some music in the record player.
The moody bathroom with a flush toilet.
The shower stall has a rainfall head.
View from the shower.
Beautiful view from the porch.
You can see the original boat siding.
The surrounding farm!
Would you stay here?
The historic 1945 boat originally called the Anthony Stevenson sailed out of Penzance Cornwall, she has been converted in to a unique holiday retreat for couples. The modern boat interior has been designed to complement the beautiful oak beams and larch planking and kingsize bed.
The boat is positioned on a large deck made of reclaimed sleepers within a tranquil woodland overlooking the beautiful fenland countryside. The perfect retreat for couples to relax, explore and enjoy the amazing sunsets.
Accompanied by an adjoining boat shack style building made from many reclaimed materials which contains your private eclectic industrial kitchen and bathroom. The kitchen contains a large vintage carpenters workbench, with butler sink, cooking hobs and fridge. The spacious bathroom includes a walk-in shower, toilet and basin.
The boat is positioned on its own privately fenced three acre woodland, on our small holding where we live in a 1760 Georgian property with our pet goats, horses, pigs, sheep, cow, dogs and chickens.
We try to live a eco friendly sustainable lifestyle and as such the boat runs entirely off-grid with renewable energy produced by our solar panels.
- A 78-year-old boat transformed into a unique Airbnb cottage resembling a shark fin rising from the English countryside.
- Owners added a bespoke marine “Hobbit door” to the boat cabin for charm and style.
- The adjacent cottage offers a kitchenette with a stone sink and a moody bathroom with a beautiful shower stall.
- Features an outdoor tub with a view, a King-size bed, a rewired old oil lamp, and a record player for music.
- The boat runs off-grid with renewable energy from solar panels.
- Positioned on a privately fenced three-acre woodland with views of fenland countryside.
- Accompanied by a boat shack-style building with an eclectic industrial kitchen and bathroom.
- The boat’s interior design complements oak beams and larch planking.
- Guests can enjoy a tranquil and sustainable retreat with stunning sunsets.
- Owners live on a smallholding with various animals and practice an eco-friendly lifestyle.
- The boat is available for booking on Airbnb.
- Tiny Living, Big Healing: Brad’s Sailboat Transformation
- Couple’s Widebeam Boat Life in England
- They Spent 3 Months Renovating Their Narrowboat Home
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Micromansion: Ultra Modern THOW w/ Elevator Bed - October 3, 2023
- Big Bear Van’s Santa Monica Sleeps Up to 5 People! - October 3, 2023
- Tres Volcanes: Two-Bedroom Costa Rica Tiny Home - October 3, 2023