Thomas has owned this 153-year-old Methodist Retreat Cottage in Glyndon, Maryland for 25 years, and has pictures of his great-grandfather and family from nearly 100 years ago spending time at the 13×40 cottage.
Now the cottage acts as a “man cave” for Thomas and his son, and as a vacation spot they rent out to interested parties. The interior is so unique, with art and items from five generations of family. You can sleep in a normal bed, or how about a prairie wagon?
Enjoy the photo tour of his awesome cottage below!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Man-Cave Cottage with 5 Generations of Family History
Anyone notice the leg…??
Giant gorilla in the corner.
This place is spilling with antiques!
Dining table with one neat chandelier.
I see a cuckoo clock!
Love those yellow gingham curtains.
There is a bathroom.
Check out all the treasures in this cottage!
Bed and prairie wagon.
I love a bed canopy!
And here’s the prairie wagon.
This is like a big game of “I Spy”!
There’s a loft as well.
I think this totem pole barely fit!
Stairs to the loft.
The kitchen is off of the living room.
Super sweet cottage-like kitchen.
- Call Thomas at 410-903-1144 to book your stay!
- Braeburn at The Appleton Retreat: Barn Studio Stay
- Smitten Off-Grid Cabin at The Appleton Retreat
- Joshua Tree Romantic Tower Retreat with Rooftop Terrace
Our big thanks to Thomas for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Completely Converted RAM Promaster 3500 with Full Bath For Sale - July 24, 2021
- 2003 VW Eurovan Weekender w/ GoWesty Conversion - July 23, 2021
- Model One: Container Tiny House Plans For Sale - July 22, 2021