Scott designed and built this awesome tiny house on wheels that floats! The “Heidi-Ho” is easily pulled in and out of the water, and driven down the road with a regular pickup truck and no special permits. And she’s for sale!
Located in Palm Desert, California, the houseboat is 30 ft long with 115 HP and sleeps 3. It has everything you’d need for a weekend or lifetime on the water, including a stovetop, fridge, composting toilet and shower.
She gained quite a bit of popularity online, and you can read more articles about her on the Heidi-Ho website here. What do you think? Would you live here?
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Cargo Camper on a Pontoon in Palm Desert, CA!
The outside deck gives you extra living space on nice days.
The simple wooden interior looks great.
The whole back wall opens to let in tons of light on nice days.
Composting toilet inside.
Easily haul your houseboat anywhere.
She looks great in the water.
Enough room for a little jam session.
Bug screens let in light but not, well, bugs.
Outdoor shower privacy screen.
This could be you!
Her History: I’ve been involved in boating, automotive and motorcycle industries for years. Always designing and building something (my bio). In 2018 I started designing a house boat that was easy to drive (on and off water), comfortable throughout, and fun. She can be hauled on the road with a pickup (5,500 lb) and without any special or
wide load hauling permits. These are difficult tasks for most houseboats to accomplish. Heidi-Ho is the great boat for romantic getaways, family excursions and a fabulous way to entertain and enjoy friends. While I designed much of her, she was built and commissioned by a very professional and experienced houseboat builder. She was named after my favorite dog, Heidi. My best regards, Scott
Custom 30 ft houseboat built by F&S Houseboats:
- Commissioned in Mar 2019 (20 hours on engine with 3-year extended warranty).
- Sleeps 3, kitchen, toilet, shower, large deck. 115 HP Outboard. Trailer.
- Innovative design: 11.5 ft Wide boat deck reduces to 8.5 ft for road transport (boat is easily transported over road). Cabin can also be removed and used as a road trailer.
- Location: Palm Desert, CA
- She is trailerable: Can be moved from marina to marina. And can be dry docked when not is use. Most houseboats are not trailerable (need cranes and “wide load” trucks to move). In my experience, at 2 different marinas, Drydock fees are $80-100 a month and marina slip fees about $300 a month.
- Makes a great second or get-a-way home: Unlike real estate, there are no property taxes. And slip fees are low at about $300 a month (and many marinas include water and power with a slip rental).
- Inexpensive to Insure with boat liability/comprehensive damage policies available from insurers like Progressive for a couple hundred dollars a year.
- Full bed and bunk will sleep 3, have an evening looking out through the custom screen door/bug netting, or simply keep the toy door down for wide-open fresh air. If you get cold, the door easily goes up and closes.
- Composting Head with headroom and hanging closet. A very nice and large outdoor shower option with a privacy curtain.
- Portable A/C can be used when needed and included.
- 30 ft long with 11.5 ft deck width on the water; Easy road transport with No special hauling permits (deck reduces to 8.5 allowable road width).
- 115 Suzuki outboard engine with a 3-year e/xtended warranty. (2021)
- 2-1/2 Pontoons of 1/8″ aluminum; excellent quality and built for durability.
- Azek deck material.
- Cabin Sleeps 3 (full bed and bunk).
- Solar battery power with inverter and shore power features.
- Composting toilet, sink, 3-burner range & oven, refrigerator, shower, furnace.
- Potable water & gray water systems. Water heater.
- Good storage (in the cabin and under deck chairs).
- DeckMate lounge chairs.
- Swim ladder, anchor, life jackets, etc. included.
- Custom Zieman dual-axle boat trailer.
- Designed to require No special hauling permits!
I am selling her because I moved and now live in the desert of California; I lost convenience access to a marina. In the summer of 2019 I lived aboard her for 3 months. It was an incredible way to experience nature and friends — in new ways. She is a fabulous and fun boat, in excellent,
like new condition.
Price: Seeking Offers at about $50,000.
Tel: (707) 861-0101
- Contact the seller at (707) 861-0101
- Tiny Houseboat in Seattle
- They Built An Incredible Floating Cottage in New Zealand
- Actors Hit Canalways of England in Narrowboat
Our big thanks to Scott for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Tiny Houses | Floating Homes | Houseboat | For Sale
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Adorable Tiny Cottage on Scenic Alpaca Farm - March 30, 2023
- 24 Ft. Coastal Modern THOW by Modern Tiny Living - March 30, 2023
- Why These Navy Veterans Chose Truck Camper Life For Now - March 29, 2023
Love this. Never would have thought about a tiny house boat.
So many options!
NICE! I have often wondered why people hadn’t done this before. I don’t have a lake near me, so it isn’t something I would do, but for those who live near large bodies of water, this would be an awesome tiny home!
It’s such an interesting idea!
A lot of people have done this and such an excellent ‘pontoon’ boat he put it on.
Many are round so once passed 50% they lose buoyancy fast, causing it to dump everything, people overboard especially if overloaded.
And his are not overloaded like most either.
Though I’d go another way,, make a nice houseboat and trailer it or build the trailer into it. There are a lot of plywood simple low cost to build houseboats, Shanty boats and have a deck on top so you don’t need the sides and much less weight.
With the right aero shape in front you can pull it with a smaller vehicle with good mileage. And if the shirt hits the fan like 2020, you always have a no rent home on the water.