This is a 2016 Ford Transit Connect Camper Van Conversion.
The seller’s grandpa bought the van and converted it shortly after his wife passed away. He used it to travel with his dog. Now his grandson is helping him sell it because he recently built a house and no longer uses it. Take the full tour, learn more about it below, and let us know what you think of it in the comments. Would you travel around the country in a vehicle like this?
Don’t miss other stories like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
He Turned This 2016 Ford Transit Connect Into His Custom Campervan! It Has Solar And All!
Images © Sam Gullett
Images © Sam Gullett
- 100W solar panel to charge separate 12v battery
- Wood bed frame with two storage areas underneath
- Wood cabinetry to house a microwave with power inverter, refrigerator, and additional storage
- Wood frame for a dry toilet
- Carpeted floor with storage underneath
- Passenger side swivel seat (custom ordered from Ford dealer to fit this van because they do not come like this from the factory)
- Side door windows with vents and tint
- Extra interior LED lighting
- TV with HDMI, VGA, AV, DVD player, antenna and shore antenna (some campsites have included cable)
- Entire electrical system that runs off of a separate 12v deep cycle sealed marine battery or off of shore (campsite) power
- Ceiling vent with remote that is temperature and speed adjustable and can reverse itself
- 16 gallon water jug for washing dishes
- The van has a tow package with a 5000 lbs. rated hitch but the van is only rated to tow 2000 lbs
- It has 13,000 miles
- 23 mpg combined (20 mpg city and 28 mpg highway)
- It’s one owner, no accidents, clean title, still has factory warranties
- Heated & tinted rear windows
- Power & heated mirrors
- Power locks
- Power front windows
- 6 speed automatic transmission
- 2.5L 4 cylinder engine
- Comfortable vinyl seats
- Nice stereo with hands free calling, bluetooth, aux port, and single disc CD player
- Cruise control
- Freshly fully detailed
- Asking price is $28,000 OBO
Learn more and check availability here: https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/d/2016-ford-transit-connect/6625160259.html (sold/expired)
Our big thanks to Matt & Sam for sharing!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! You can also join our Small House Newsletter and our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Van Dwelling Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- The Round House: A Unique Tiny Living Experience in Delta, Colorado - May 24, 2023
- Life in his Self-Converted Chevy Camaro Camper - May 22, 2023
- The Ultimate Tiny House Experience at the Carolina Treehouse - May 22, 2023
Wow, very nice. I have been looking for 3 yrs. for one that is right price. I belong to several van dwelling groups on FB that are grabbing these up. Wonder if I could post it there?
This is my fathers van and we would love it if you posted it on the van dwellers sites!
I’d love to hire your grandpa to help convert my 18 Connect! I’m also in the PNW.
Hello! Is there any way we would be able to see how the swivel seat was made for the front? Going to be working a ton out of mine in the near future and it would help so much!
Guess I am not able to find how to post it on the other sites. They are all on FB. If you are able, post them on FB-Camper Vans for sale. Or click on Van dwelling.
If you want to share it anywhere you can just copy and paste this link: https://tinyhousetalk.com/grandpas-diy-ford-transit-camper/
Your Van Looks Amazing and Beautiful from inside great piece of work.
I arrived here because someone posted a link to this on the Ford Transit Connect owners forum in a thread about how to install a passenger swivel seat. This proves it can be done, but I am dying to know how! Would greatly aporeciate any further information/contacts so that I can do the same to my 2015 conversion that I am working on.
I love the conversion! I own a 2014 transit connect. Do you know how the front passenger seat was flip 180 degrees? I’d love to make this happen in mine.
Looks like grandpa really knows what he is doing. Nice. Very nice.