This is a 2016 Ford Transit Connect Camper Van Conversion.
The seller’s grandpa bought the van and converted it shortly after his wife passed away. He used it to travel with his dog. Now his grandson is helping him sell it because he recently built a house and no longer uses it. Take the full tour, learn more about it below, and let us know what you think of it in the comments. Would you travel around the country in a vehicle like this?
Don’t miss other stories like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
He Turned This 2016 Ford Transit Connect Into His Custom Campervan! It Has Solar And All!
Images © Sam Gullett
Images © Sam Gullett
- 100W solar panel to charge separate 12v battery
- Wood bed frame with two storage areas underneath
- Wood cabinetry to house a microwave with power inverter, refrigerator, and additional storage
- Wood frame for a dry toilet
- Carpeted floor with storage underneath
- Passenger side swivel seat (custom ordered from Ford dealer to fit this van because they do not come like this from the factory)
- Side door windows with vents and tint
- Extra interior LED lighting
- TV with HDMI, VGA, AV, DVD player, antenna and shore antenna (some campsites have included cable)
- Entire electrical system that runs off of a separate 12v deep cycle sealed marine battery or off of shore (campsite) power
- Ceiling vent with remote that is temperature and speed adjustable and can reverse itself
- 16 gallon water jug for washing dishes
- The van has a tow package with a 5000 lbs. rated hitch but the van is only rated to tow 2000 lbs
- It has 13,000 miles
- 23 mpg combined (20 mpg city and 28 mpg highway)
- It’s one owner, no accidents, clean title, still has factory warranties
- Heated & tinted rear windows
- Power & heated mirrors
- Power locks
- Power front windows
- 6 speed automatic transmission
- 2.5L 4 cylinder engine
- Comfortable vinyl seats
- Nice stereo with hands free calling, bluetooth, aux port, and single disc CD player
- Cruise control
- Freshly fully detailed
- Asking price is $28,000 OBO
Learn more and check availability here: https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/d/2016-ford-transit-connect/6625160259.html (sold/expired)
Our big thanks to Matt & Sam for sharing!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
More Like This: Explore our Van Dwelling Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- 4-Story Off-Grid Tree House on 10 Acres in Sagle, Idaho - September 14, 2020
- Our Podcast Interview with Tim Mastic (He Moved Into A New Tiny House Community in Florida) - August 17, 2020
- 20-ft. Tumbleweed Cypress Tiny House - August 11, 2020