Yes, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, this PassivDom modulOne is the “warmest house in the world.”
And it’s only 380 sq. ft.! The modulOne is a super cool manufactured structure that comes in three “levels” of completeness: The Autonomous (which is 100% self-sustaining), the Standard (which has all your appliances, fixtures, etc. but needs to be hooked up to exterior power/sewer), and the Module Plus (a finished shell with wiring for electrical and heating, but nothing else).
Enjoy the pictures and the video tour, and be sure to check out all the additional details and pricing below!
The Warmest House in the World: PassivDom modulOne
Tons of windows on one side of the home.
The couch doubles as your sleeping area. Kitchen in back.
The Autonomous version comes fully-equipped with cabinets.
Here’s a visual rendering of the house in the snow.
Here’s the computer rendering of the basic ModulOne
Here is the other one: The ModulTwo!
Video: PassivDom modulOne
- completely ready building for a year-round living
- mobile construction for an easy transportation on a platform and installing without foundation
- 100% complete finishing of all internal and external house surfaces
- 100% ready and working heating, ventilation, air conditioning, water and sewage systems
- 100% equipped with all necessary furniture and household appliances
- 100% ready and equipped kitchen
- 100% ready and equipped bathroom
- house management system on iPhone and Android
- remote house video surveillance on iPhone and Android
- year of a free mobile Internet for all house systems
The 36 sq. m. modulOne module is optimized for easy moving and autonomous operation. The total power supply provided by its solar panels in cloudy winter weather is three times the amount needed for heating the interior with the outside temperature of -20°C (-4°F).
The roof of the module is fully covered with solar panels. We have mounted the cells directly into the roof in order to use every square centimeter of the area and get more solar power.
- Autonomous 36 м² The module comes equipped with furniture, all necessary appliances, built-in kitchen, bathroom (toilet, sink, shower), heating and cooling systems, and a smart air ventilation system with oxygen level control. You can manage all systems of your home using your smartphone. Cloud-based video surveillance and alarm system ensure the security of your home. The home is fully autonomous and includes a self-sufficient power system (solar panels, batteries, inverters), independent water supply (water storage, powerful purification system, and independent sewage).
59,900 € (~$67,142)
- Standard 36 м² This module comes complete with everything required for a housewarming party on the day of purchase: furniture, appliances, kitchen and cooking utensils, bathroom, shower. The heating and cooling systems as well as the air ventilation with oxygen level control are fully set up and ready to work. All engineering systems can be controlled via the owner’s smartphone. Cloud-based video surveillance and alarm system are included. Requires connection to power line, water supply, and sewerage. 39,990 € (~$44,845)
- Module plus 36 м² A barebone home with complete interior, functioning electrical wiring built in the walls, heating and ventilation. No engineering systems. Furniture, appliances, bathroom and kitchen are not included. Can be used as an additional unit to add to the main module and increase the total area. Requires connection to power line, water supply, and sewerage (NOT autonomous). 29,900 € (~$33,515)
More questions? Want to purchase one? Check out PassivDom’s FAQ page here.
Share this with your friends/family using the e-mail/social re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you liked this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with more! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Tiny Houses Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Tiny Barn-style Cabin in Alpharetta, Georgia - November 26, 2017
- Falling Leaves Tiny House on Wheels in Cedar Park, Texas - September 18, 2017
- Andréanne and Nathaniel’s Tiny House by Lumbec - July 6, 2017