Once again, here’s a family with small kids taking advantage of the skoolie lifestyle! The Stone family is homeschooling in their DIY rig, called the “Green Bean,” which they spent about $15,000 making into their home on wheels.
The couple did all the work themselves, saving a lot of money in the process. They’ve been on the road for a couple months now, chasing the coastline and searching for warmer weather. Because the home is off-grid, their month-to-month expenses really only include the cost of fuel and the occasional campsite (they boondock most of the time).
Their girls, Pepper and Violet, have awesome bunks near the back of the bus with climbing stones, and plenty of room for toys under their dinette. Watch the full tour from Tiny Home Tours below!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Living & Homeschooling on the Road: The Stone Family
The long view of their bright and happy home.
Father, Spike, gets to spend more time with his girls this way.
Look at this neat kids’ table he dreamt up!
A piece of their kitchen. The faucet can go out the window for an outdoor shower.
Pepper climbing up into her bunk.
VIDEO: Family of 4 & Their DIY School Bus Conversion
- Homeschooling on the road
- Going down the coastline (looking for warm weather)
- Do most of their cooking outside
- Dinette with lots of storage
- Shower and composting toilet inside
- Bunk beds for the girls with climbing hooks
- Tesla-Powered Skoolie with Heated Floors!
- Barefoot Bandits: Family of 5 Travelling in Their Skoolie Conversion
- Scout & About: Family of 4’s Debt-Free Off-Grid Skoolie Rig!
Our big thanks to Allison for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Tiny Cabin Wanderer: From “Big House” to 18 Ft. Firefly - October 18, 2021
- North Carolina Treehouse on a Vegetarian Retreat Center - October 17, 2021
- Eco-Friendly Moon Lodge Yurt w/ Milky Way Views - October 16, 2021