This is a 20′ modern tiny house on wheels. It’s built with SIPs (structurally insulated panels) and is
currently for sale sold. The tiny home is currently located in Cochranton, PA.
When you step inside, you’ll find a one-level floor plan with a pull-out bed that hides underneath the kitchen. Asking price is $39,000. Was a pretty good deal, wasn’t it?
Related: Video: Art’s SIP Tiny House on Wheels
20′ Modern Tiny House built with SIPs
FOR SALE! TINY HOUSE ON WHEELS!
WAS $42,000…PRICE REDUCED TO $39,000!!
Energy Efficient! Self Sufficient, OFF GRID home!
Everything built brand new with energy efficient SIP’s! Our tiny house was officially finished in late October 2015. Only lived in for 1 month until we decided to take a 1-2 years off for air, land and sea traveling. We are now back in the area for a brief time where the house has been safely stored in Cochranton, PA which is where we will meet with potential buyers, but it is ready to be moved to your location. We are MOTIVATED to sell this house quickly before we hit the road again, so we will consider all offers. Sorry, NO OWNER FINANCING.
Trailer title in hand and ready to call it your own on your own piece of property or take on the road with you on your adventures. This house was built by nature lovers that wanted to optimize connection to the outdoor world, so the windows/doors and open layout will make you feel like you’re outside.
Built to be off the grid, but has all the fittings to easily hook up to city water/sewer/septic. If you are wanting to be completely OFF THE GRID but don’t have a power source, we are also selling our portable solar panel generator unit for an additional $4900. The solar unit is completely self contained, on wheels that is a plug and play feature to run the house. It has 3000 usable watt hours of battery storage capacity, a 1500 watt inverter and 420 watts solar PV inbound. Since the solar unit is on wheels, you can easily rotate it with the sun and move it away from shade to get optimal solar power.
Please read all the details below (we did our best to list everything about it) and let us know if you have any questions or if we didn’t touch base on a topic you are interested in.
- Built with the newest energy efficient “green building method” of SIP’s (Structurally Insulated Panels) gives extra structural stability while providing a higher insulated value compared to regular “stick build” method. Cool in the warm weather and warm in the cooler weather. (Read about the difference here: (http://buildipedia.com/aec-
pros/construction-materials- and-methods/structural- insulated-panels-vs- coventional-framing) Walls are 4.5” thick with R15 value , Roof is 8.25” thick with R29 value.
- SIP structure designed and manufactured by The Murus Company in Mansfield, PA. New owner to be supplied with your own copy of the blue prints showing electrical chases and structural layout.
- Built on brand new 2015 SureTrac flat bed deck over trailer. Trailer has GVWR 9900. Heavy Duty RV stabilizer scissor jacks (4). Upgraded factory tires to brand new 10 ply load range E.
- White Galvalume Metal Roof
- Lots of lighting to keep an open connection to the outdoors with 2 tempered insulated sliding glass doors with screen and insulated windows (2 are fixed, 2 are sliding double hung).
- Modern two toned siding design: Marine Grade Waterproof Wood Siding panels (paintable and stainable). Stained and Sealed with Behr Transparent Waterproof Stain and Marine Spar Varnish. Sleek contemporary square design enhanced with stainless steel flashing in between wood panels. This compliments the metal siding on the shower build out over the tongue of the trailer.
- Modern LED outdoor lighting over both sliding doors
- Overall external measurement 20’3” L x 8’2” W (with a 14” built over the tongue for shower edition). Height 13’4” one end, 12’4” on the other (slanted roof design).
- Open & Spacious Layout 150 sq ft
- Vinyl-click rustic worn wood style flooring
- Cedar trim around doors and windows
- Kitchen built 2 steps up on platform
- Don’t like the idea of climbing a ladder to a sleep loft? Us either. Instead, there is a queen sized bed platform (mattress not included) that slides out from under platform, pull it out a little bit and it’s a sofa!
- Steps function as a 6’ storage drawer on caster wheels AND as a comfy upholstered day bench slides out from under platform
- 8’ tall IKEA wardrobes for optimal storage
- Natural rustic bamboo custom sized blinds for sliding doors
- LED lighting
- At the time of building, we were cautious about keeping the house’s weight down for traveling, so the interior walls are the SIP panels painted. If the new owner is not traveling with it and keeping it stationary, tongue and groove wall panels or anything similar could easily be added by the new owner.
Kitchen Appliances & Features:
- Stainless Steel Kitchen Cabinets
- White Laminate Counter top
- Stainless Steel Kitchen Appliances
- 9.2 cu ft Danby Stainless Steel refrigerator with bottom freezer
- Avanti 20” 4 burner Stainless Steel Gas Range (with Oven)
- Commercial style pull down spring faucet
- Stainless Steel sink
- Heated with brand new Stainless Steel Dickinson Marine Propane Stove (Newport P9000) heating capacity of 800 cu ft
- Vinyl Tile Backsplash installed on the entire back wall of the kitchen
Bathroom Appliances & Features:
- Metal shower stall with aromatic cedar shower base
- Double shower head
- Modern above counter vessel sink
- Natures Head Dry Composting Toilet
- EdgeStar 2.0 cu ft FastDry Ventless Washer/Dryer Combo Unit
- Ecotemp High Capacity Propane Tankless Water Heater
Professionally installed plumbing/electric/propane:
- PEX plumbing
- Copper propane lines
- GFCI outlets
- 30 amp electrical service
- Designed to work off the grid with a 46 gallon fresh water holding tank with external diaphragm pump which can be used if no pressurized external water source is available.
- City water hook up for direct connection
- 30 amp external marine electrical service plug for direct connection to the grid, solar system or generator. *We currently have a Portable Solar Unit (3000 usable watt hours of battery storage capacity, a 1500 watt inverter and 420 watts solar PV inbound) that plugs directly into the house available for sale at an additional price of $4900 if you are interested in solar power*
Contact fhovis23 AT gmail DOT com if you’re interested. Thank you!
You can share this tiny house story with your friends and family for free using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks.
If you enjoyed this tiny house story you’ll absolutely LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! Thank you!
More Like This: Explore our Tiny Houses Section
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Flamenco Tiny House by Baluchon - February 4, 2023
- 2008 Ford E-450 4×4 Timberline Box Van Conversion - February 3, 2023
- Custom Tumbleweed Tiny House with a Bidet - February 3, 2023
Now here is another tiny house with a slide away bed under a floor. Love those ideas, especially for those of us who find step ladders or narrow steep stairs hard to handle. I for one prefer everything on one floor if they can built a tiny house that way. AND lots of storage spaces!
Coolest sink EVER! E-V-E-R!! I NEED that for my THOW. My husband and I have only another 6-8 weekends of building out our interior and then we will need to purchase a solar package that keeps us completely off grid as I don’t plan to permanently park it anywhere ever again. are there any knowledgeable people in our tiny house community who could help me figure out how much solar panels I need to purchase. I don’t want to get raked over the coals by someone in a store.
Cyndi… take all the electrical appliances you have, or will have, and add their total combined wattage. Make sure that the system you ultimately purchase can handle that total wattage and you will be fine. Remembering of course that you won’t every use all the appliances all at once. The extra available wattage covers you for extreme weather events (think super snow storms) and appliances you “may” purchase later on that “may” have higher power demands.
A little overkill is far more preferable to any underkill when it comes to power availability.
If in doubt about anything, ask for, heck even pay for, an independent electrician’s advice and knowledge.
Thank you Eric!
It is a jovial environment, They Puppy is worth 10 to 10. There is a fear for everything at one time for a lifestyle choice.
Wow! At only 20′, this comfy Tiny has as much as or more than most Tinies 4′ longer. I was surprised to see a washer dryer, and having the hand washing sink (gorgeous BTW) on top of it was a great idea. I think most of us would find this abbreviated kitchen pretty functional, although, like other Tinies in this layout that I have seen, I might want to put in a shallow storage cabinet ( and coincidentally a sofa back!) from the stairs to the wall, and have a pull-up workspace/dining table/desk as the “doors” of the cabinet. I was also surprised to see a pretty spacious hanging closet and that lovely double door cabinet outside the bathroom. The nice little seat in front of the window has additional storge too I am sure. Having solar connections at the ready and the system available for purchase is the cherry on top. If this hasn’t sold yet, it will be snapped up soon!!
Yes this is a really great home with tons of great amenities!
It’s a new face on an old idea….!
Is this home sold?