This is a retirement tiny house that’s in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia built by Tiny Footprint. It’s called the FerneLea. The house offers a 23.5′ by 8′ living area and a 23.5′ by 10.5′ veranda area that more-than doubles living space. It’s very well done.
Outside you have a wheelchair-friendly ramp that leads directly to the motorized entryway. Inside, the bed is on a lift so you can hide it away during the day or when you have company over. Please take the brief photo tour below, watch the full video tour, and let us know what you think in the comments below.
Don’t miss other stories and tours like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
The Perfect Wheelchair-Friendly Retirement Tiny House That’s Affordable to Build and Simple
Growing older is a gift. Unfortunately that gift also comes with it’s own burdens, often meaning a lack of mobility and thus a loss of independence. This spectacular tiny house design has helped to give mobility and independence back to one very special lady though, through some very clever small space design to create an elderly, disability and mobility friendly tiny house on wheels.
Cozy Living Area That’s Mobility-Friendly
Tiny Living with a Beautiful View… Can’t Beat That!
Wheelchair-Friendly Tiny House… Perfect for a Simple and Affordable Independent Retirement
VIDEO TOUR: Retirement Tiny House Designed To Be Elderly / Disability / Wheelchair-Friendly
- 23.5′ x 18′
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Lift bed
- Sleeps 1
- Mobility Ramp
- Wheelchair-friendly toilet & shower
- Underfloor heating
- Motorized fly screens
- Soft-touch cabinets
- YouTube (video via Living Big In A Tiny House YouTube channel)
- Living Big In A Tiny House (original article)
- Tiny Footprints (BUILDER)
- Project Page (from Builder)
More Posts Like This
- Carol’s $8,000 Retirement Tiny House
- 592 Sq. Ft. Hummingbird Cottage for Retirement
- Marc’s Wheelchair-Friendly Tiny House on Wheels Built by Tiny Idahomes
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Andrea (see all)
- They Turned An Old School Bus Into A Dreamy 250-sq.-ft. Motorhome - August 7, 2020
- Paul and Annett’s Beautiful Off-Grid Tiny Home And Lifestyle in Byron Bay - March 26, 2020
- Traveling Couple Design/Build 238-Sq.-Ft. Tiny House! - March 20, 2020