Our big thanks to Dan for sharing this $18k converted school bus RV for sale in Loveland, Colorado.
It’s a 40′ long 44 passenger 1990 Bluebird School Bus with a Cummins diesel engine. It has 130,000 miles.
Inside you’ll find a bedroom with a king bed, under-bed storage and above bed cabinets. The bus to rolling cabin conversion also includes a kitchen, living room/office, bathroom, and more. Please enjoy and re-share below.
$18k Converted School Bus RV For Sale in Colorado
Images © Ft. Collins Craigslist/Meredith
Images © Ft. Collins Craigslist/Meredith
My husband and I purchased this 1990 Bluebird School bus and gutted the interior, creating a fully functioning RV complete with hot water, electricity, and wood stove. We lived in the bus year round for 3 years in the Rocky Mountains just outside of Estes. After several life changes we are no longer living or needing the bus and want to find it a good home. The bus is up to date on registration and emissions, runs like a champ, and is the perfect mobile home. Feel free to contact me with any questions!
– 1990 Bluebird School Bus
– 40 feet long (was a 44 passenger)
– Cummings Diesel Engine
– Automatic Transmission
– Tires in good shape
– 130,000 miles
– Equipped to tow (we towed our CRV on a tow dolly)
– Standard 120 Volt Wiring with multiple, three prong outlets
– 4000 Watt Inverter (Inverter is ready for solar panel hook-up, solar panels NOT included)
– Battery Bay with two Deep Cell Batteries, connects to Engine’s alternator, charging batteries while driving
– Electricity can run off battery power OR flip circuit breaker to run from hook-up
– Equipped with standard RV 40 gallon fresh water tank, 40 gallon grey water tank, and 20 gallon black water tank
– Can pump water from fresh water tank OR “city water” hose hookup for unlimited water at RV site.
– King Bed (could also use smaller mattress on platform)
– Under-bed Storage
– Above Bed His/Her Clothing Cabinets
– Additional Closed Cabinets for Storage at foot of bed
– Removable, Cloth/Insulated Window Panels for Winter Months
– Standard Size fridge with top freezer
– Large Kitchen Sink with closed cabinet/storage space underneath
– 5 feet long x 2.5 feet deep of Kitchen Counter Space and shelf space below counter
– Above counter, 5 feet x 2.5 feet hanging, “Hobbit Shelf”
– Large Desk with storage compartment underneath
– Full size couch with under storage – also serves as Guest Bed
– Cylinder Wood Burning Stove (removable, also collapses) Extremely efficient at heating bus in winter months, it was our only source of heat and we lived in t-shirts year round!
– Standard 32×32 standing shower
– Tile floor
– Flushing RV toilet
– Towel/Linin Cabinet
– Two roof top storage boxes with locks, great for extra gear, tools, ect.
– Custom built wood-framed windows
– White-Wash Laminate Flooring
– Custom window panels and privacy panels for windshield and front door
– Decor is Cabin-Beach-Whimsical Hobbit Fusion :o)
– Currently insured through Progressive for $80 a year
Learn more: http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/4791140873.html
Our big thanks to Dan for sharing!
You can help us spread the word on this school bus conversion by “Liking” on Facebook using the button below and re-sharing this story using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Every share helps, including yours. And we’d all love to read your best thoughts in the comments below. Thank you so much.
If you enjoyed this converted school bus you’ll absolutely LOVE joining our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! Thank you!
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Flamenco Tiny House by Baluchon - February 4, 2023
- 2008 Ford E-450 4×4 Timberline Box Van Conversion - February 3, 2023
- Custom Tumbleweed Tiny House with a Bidet - February 3, 2023
That’s a totally perfect price for a totally perfect conversion. Well done-well done. 😀
This just looks tired and rundown. Inside and out. Not worth $18k
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, just because it is not what you are looking for doesn’t mean it isn’t just right for someone else! Comments should have a purpose other than to just be negative.
Sandra is a bit on the right side. 18k DOES seem a little pricey for it. Any room there for negotiation?
What is the floor to ceiling height? I would love a bus, but my 6’4″ husband is concerned about being able to stand up straight
They are usually between 6’3″ and 6’6″ before you add any additional flooring material.
Sorry, a lot of people say “yes or no” to featured homes. My take is that this is tired and worn out and doesn’t warrant $18k. It’s pretty rough looking. Although it’s not a tiny house per se, since it’s on this site it can be critiqued. I put mine on and got lots of positive and some negative. I didn’t really mind the negatives. It gave me insight into how to do my next unit. If you put your home out there, you must expect responses.
Is this bus still available?
I would change my whole way of living if I could find a bus to fit our needs..nothing elaborate but would need to be someplace that we could put fence up and build a shed…Have 4 rescue dogs and they go where we go..I think all the tiny houses are cool..everyone has different tastes and you can change things you don’t like if you really need to
I know right. Did you see this one. It’s one of my favorites 🙂 https://tinyhousetalk.com/bus-converted-cabin-rooftop-deck/
Is this still available? How can I contact the sellers with questions?
I don’t think it is available anymore, Ashley, sorry!
Would there be any way I could contact the folks who renovated this bus for help with a conversion? Would love to see a floor plan/ask them how they went about doing this!
I’m interested in purchasing your converted school bus! If you could email me, that would be great!
Is it still for sale?
Hi!… Is the bus still available? And would the owners be interested in a trade? I have a 2006 350z convertible low miles (76,000) in great shape! Please contact me if interested.
is this still available in loveland, we have cash and are very interested. could you please contact me at [email protected] or sheri at 303-881-3878 thanks so very much we look forward to hearing from you.
Cool rig, nicely done! I’d consider a drive to buy that one!