This vintage structure went from ladies’ loo to vintage tiny house. It’s the story of the Loovre cottage in Berwick-upon-Tweed, Northumberland which is in North East England featuring an open studio layout with a kitchenette, dining nook, sleeping area, and a wet bath.
It used to be a Victorian ladies’ loo up until the 1950s. More recently it was being used as a tiny ice cream parlor but today it’s a fancy little studio cottage in a quiet corner of a place called Berwick-upon-Tweed within the Elizabethan Town Walls that you can actually stay in. Take a look at it below, learn more, and let us know what you think about it in the comments!
Don’t miss other interesting stories like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Ladies’ Loo Tiny Cottage in Berwick-upon-Tweed
The cottage still has the original glazed bricks and timber match boarding. In the kitchen, the countertop is reclaimed from an art college.
The kitchen is made up of a small fridge, hob, tiny farmhouse sink, open shelving, and a fold-down dining table that was hand-built by the owner. The dining chairs can be stored on the walls.
The space is heated by an electric ribbon radiator but the electric stove often provides extra heat too.
There’s a hand-built double bed with an extra thick mattress to help ensure a good night’s rest.
Yes, there is still a loo in the house in the form of a wet room with a shower, toilet, and basin.
There’s a courtyard in the rear with a charcoal grill, cafe table, and space for bicycles.
The tiny cottage is located in a quiet corner of Berwick-upon-Tweed within the Elizabethan Town Walls so there’s easy access to cafes and shops.
- A historic structure called “The Loovre”
- Located with easy access to town, cafes, restaurants, shops, and train station
- Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Northumberland
- A town with a thriving arts scene, live music events, and independent bookshops
- Live festivals throughout the year
- Berwick Film and Media Festival
- Food Festival
- Wet room shower and toilet room
- Kitchenette with farmhouse sink, mini-fridge, and kettle
- Flip down dining table and stow away chairs
- Private courtyard with charcoal grill and cafe table
- Modern Tiny House With Lots of Indoor Plants; Living Wall Bathroom!
- Hawaiian Tiny House With Incredible Bathroom
- Jerod And Mia’s Vacation Tiny House With Luxury Bathroom
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses