Well, we have never seen this before! A double-decker coach bus turned into a full-time home for a family of 8. This dad was tired of missing out on his kids’ childhoods chasing money to pay for the “good life.” After a family vacation to Utah, he and his wife decided to take his software work remotely and find a way to travel full-time.
So they bought a double-decker coach bus and with the help of a professional company turned it into the most incredible home complete with 6 bunk beds, a convertible bed/bedroom for mom & dad, two bathrooms, and one shower! While the video below shows off the home before they started their cross-country tour, Instagram reveals they’ve been loving #buslife since this was shot.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Six bunks, Two Bathrooms, One Shower & a Roof-Top Deck!
The first floor has the kitchens, a bathroom, and their benches that convert into the kitchen table.
Upstairs there’s another bathroom, shower, 6 bunks and their homeschool space.
VIDEO: DIY Double Decker Bus Tiny House Conversion
VIDEO: Double Decker to Motorhome Conversion
- A family of 8 turned a double-decker coach bus into a full-time home.
- The decision was made after the father wanted to spend more time with his kids and travel full-time.
- With the help of a professional company, they transformed the bus into an incredible home with 6 bunk beds, a convertible bed/bedroom for the parents, two bathrooms, and one shower.
- The first floor includes the kitchen, a bathroom, and benches that convert into a kitchen table.
- Upstairs, there is another bathroom, shower, 6 bunk beds, and a homeschool space.
- There are videos showcasing the DIY double-decker bus conversion and the double-decker-to-motorhome conversion (shown above).
- To learn more, you can follow the family on Instagram and check out their tour on the Tiny Home Tours on YouTube.
- Family Ditches Rat Race for Coach Bus Living
- New Zealand Family’s Vacation Tiny House
- Family of 5’s Adventurous Life in their Fifth Wheel RV
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
‘If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses