If you’re planning a family trip to Portland, this cozy garden yurt is the perfect spot for a vacation! Inside the 24-foot round home sits a queen bed, a standard bed, and a trundle single bed.
Outside the yurt you’ll find a treefort and a trampoline for the kids, and a fire pit for toasting marshmallows under the stars! There’s also a full kitchen in the yurt, so you can cook family meals and save on eating out.
Finally, there’s access to a bathroom and washer/dryer in the utility room of the main house. Book your stay on Airbnb.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Family-Friendly Yurt Getaway
A queen bed and a standard bed.
There’s a pretty garden in front of the yurt.
It’s nice and open inside.
Twinkle lights make things feel cozy.
There’s a dresser for putting away clothes.
A round table for family meals.
Mirror for getting ready.
There’s a little desk space with the guest book.
The kitchen is a fairly new addition.
It has everything except an oven.
Coffee, tea and toast.
Snugly warm gas fire!
Bathroom inside the main house.
Our cozy-comfy 4 season yurt is nestled under majestic trees on a beautifully landscaped 1/3 acre. Located in a quiet, safe SW Portland neighborhood with a park, hike/bike trail a block away. We are 6 miles from downtown, with beaches, gorge and Mt. Hood accessible for day outings.
2017 brought major upgrades including a full kitchen, a natural gas fireplace and complete electrical service. The guests full bathroom is located in the home’s utility room a short lighted pathway walk from the yurt
- 24 foot diamater yurt
- Covered porch (with hammock)
- 12.5 foot conical ceiling w/ clear copula
- The backyard is equipped with badminton, trampoline, 30ft. tree swing and a children’s play house
- Fire pit with bench and lawn chairs
- Queen and standard beds have memory foam toppers and get high marks for comfort. The single bed is a pull-out at floor level, under the queen guest, as needed
- Full kitchen
- Cast iron natural gas fireplace
- They Built A Yurt Home And Share How To “Do It Yurtself“
- 1974 Coperthwaite Wooden Yurt Getaway in New Hampshire
- Tiny Yurt In The Woods On Six Acres In Vermont
Our big thanks to Michael for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Tiny Houses | Yurts | Tiny House Vacation | Vacation
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Escape Boho w/ Smartside Shou Sugi Ban Paneling FOR SALE - May 31, 2023
- Van Life with an Office & Rooftop Deck - May 31, 2023
- Their Stationary and Travel Bus Life - May 31, 2023
Really, really nice. Clean, inviting, compact with a spacious feel. Nice inside and outside. Would definitely stay here if I needed to be in Portland. Well designed and decorated. Enjoyed everything about it. Brenda
Cute and comfortable looking, but no getting out of bed in the middle of the night and entering someone else’s home to go to the bathroom for me
You wouldn’t be going through their home, just directly to the bathroom that is only for guests and is isolated from the rest of the house. So functionally the same as a outhouse…
Serene and lovely. The shady yard is wonderful.