I don’t know what it is about round homes, but I adore them! This particular octagonal structure was inspired by a triad of home designs: the Mongolian yurt, Navajo hogons and Native American hidatsa lodges. The result is a perfect vacation spot in Colorado dubbed the “Solargon.”
The interior has a studio-style setup, complete with a leather sofa, comfortable queen bed, and functional kitchenette. Then there’s a separate bathroom complete with a shower stall with “barnwood” tile.
But you really can’t beat the location — tucked in a corner of 40 private acres which abuts BLM land on two sides with mountain views. Book your stay here.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Would You Live in This Round Home?
The lovely home blends in with the surrounding nature.
I like the way they used to bathroom to create walls for the bed and kitchen.
French doors let in lots of light.
Skylight is an awesome touch.
I might want a sneaky loft above the bathroom.
A compact stove/oven, perfect for eating in.
The place really does come fully-stocked.
They really figured out how to situated things well in an “odd” shape.
Flush toilet and toiletries included.
Love that tile in the bathroom.
View from the front deck.
What a private location!
Oh man, that view!!
Pinch me! It’s like a dream.
- Inspired by elements of Asian yurts, Navajo hogons and Native American hidatsa lodges
- Uses passive solar design principles
- Octagonal structure designed to take full advantage of the sun
- Sits on a 40 acre parcel of land
- Situated 500 ft. away from the main house
- Property borders BLM land on 2 sides and is at the end of a small private drive
- Private driveway and a large parking space for up to 2 cars or a small travel trailer
- Covered porch with beautiful views of the west elk mountains beyond and the juniper trees, sage brush and desert scenery surrounding you
- 350 sq. ft.
- Leather loveseat
- Queen bed with memory foam mattress
- Down alternative comforter which is hypoallergenic
- Fully stocked kitchen with pots, pans, oven, microwave
- Local coffee and scones provided
- The bathroom has a frameless glass shower with barnwood tile
- Shampoo, conditioner, soap, blow dryer and towels are all provided
- Air conditioning, heat, flat screen tv with dish network and Hughes net satellite internet.
- Two Teachers in Their 538 Sq. Ft. Yurt, Australia
- Funky Wooden Yurt on Acreage in Australia
- 1974 Coperthwaite Wooden Yurt Getaway in New Hampshire
Our big thanks to Cristina for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Tiny Houses | Yurts | Airbnbs | Tiny House Vacations
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- 1.5 Years Building his $3,000 School Bus Tiny Home - March 20, 2023
- Content Creators & Family in Their 2021 RV - March 20, 2023
- They Went From Homeowners to Van Life - March 19, 2023
Wow what a nice place. Perfect for relaxing and meditating. No electric devices allowed.
Why do you say this?
There is an outlet on the bathroom wall and a lamp by the bed, so I am guessing maybe you can have electrical devices but there may not be WiFi. 😃
I love this.
What a nice getaway. Would love a place like this — along with camoflage (ie. fake greenery on the walls) to hide it from view, but that’s just me. 🙂
Oh that’s a clever idea!
Not round! Fake news! ;P
I don’t know if I could ever get in the solargon I would be standing there with my mouth open looking at the views 😍
Maybe it is just me, but…didn’t see a plug by the sink, which is where I would plug in hair dryer ( which they provide), curling iron, electric razor, et al…but there is an out
Et between the toilet and shower. Does anyone else hear a ZAP and getting a shock? 🤪
I still love this little tiny house. It has a great floor plan and kitchen. Lovely views, too.