I don’t know what it is about round homes, but I adore them! This particular octagonal structure was inspired by a triad of home designs: the Mongolian yurt, Navajo hogons and Native American hidatsa lodges. The result is a perfect vacation spot in Colorado dubbed the “Solargon.”
The interior has a studio-style setup, complete with a leather sofa, comfortable queen bed, and functional kitchenette. Then there’s a separate bathroom complete with a shower stall with “barnwood” tile.
But you really can’t beat the location — tucked in a corner of 40 private acres which abuts BLM land on two sides with mountain views. Book your stay here.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Would You Live in This Round Home?
The lovely home blends in with the surrounding nature.
I like the way they used to bathroom to create walls for the bed and kitchen.
French doors let in lots of light.
Skylight is an awesome touch.
I might want a sneaky loft above the bathroom.
A compact stove/oven, perfect for eating in.
The place really does come fully-stocked.
They really figured out how to situated things well in an “odd” shape.
Flush toilet and toiletries included.
Love that tile in the bathroom.
View from the front deck.
What a private location!
Oh man, that view!!
Pinch me! It’s like a dream.
- Inspired by elements of Asian yurts, Navajo hogons and Native American hidatsa lodges
- Uses passive solar design principles
- Octagonal structure designed to take full advantage of the sun
- Sits on a 40 acre parcel of land
- Situated 500 ft. away from the main house
- Property borders BLM land on 2 sides and is at the end of a small private drive
- Private driveway and a large parking space for up to 2 cars or a small travel trailer
- Covered porch with beautiful views of the west elk mountains beyond and the juniper trees, sage brush and desert scenery surrounding you
- 350 sq. ft.
- Leather loveseat
- Queen bed with memory foam mattress
- Down alternative comforter which is hypoallergenic
- Fully stocked kitchen with pots, pans, oven, microwave
- Local coffee and scones provided
- The bathroom has a frameless glass shower with barnwood tile
- Shampoo, conditioner, soap, blow dryer and towels are all provided
- Air conditioning, heat, flat screen tv with dish network and Hughes net satellite internet.
- Two Teachers in Their 538 Sq. Ft. Yurt, Australia
- Funky Wooden Yurt on Acreage in Australia
- 1974 Coperthwaite Wooden Yurt Getaway in New Hampshire
Our big thanks to Cristina for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses