Some years ago, Lawrence decided to sell his little camper and get a tiny house, but his home on wheels was stolen while left overnight at a gas station! Despite the rough start, Lawrence was able to recover the home and went to live in it on his half acre property on Puget Sound in Washington.
He eventually decided to upgrade, and purchased a half-finished tiny house which he has completed himself. Oh, and did we mention that he will be debt-free in 9 months (including the cost of his property that he owns)? It’s a pretty remarkable story!
Don’t miss other interesting stories like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more!
They Stole His Tiny House, but He Kept On!
He chose to repaint the shiplap all black.
He keeps pantry goods in the window sill.
His own little piece of paradise!
He ran his own electrical and has a rainwater catchment system.
VIDEO: Debt Free in a Tiny House w/ land & ocean views
- His first micro tiny was stolen
- He recovered it and lived in it for awhile
- Bought a larger tiny house shell
- Finished the interior
- Painted everything black with wood tones
- Owns his own .6 acres in the Pacific Northwest
- Owns 50 feet of ocean-front property
- Plans to have his partner put another tiny house on the land as well
- Rainwater catchment system
- Mom & Uncle Build THOW for This Teen’s College Dorm
- The Jock Tiny House by Movable Roots
- Firehouse-inspired Tiny House with Firefighter Pole From the Loft
Our big thanks to Jenna for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
More Like This: Tiny Houses | THOWs | DIY | Video Tours | Solo Tiny House Living
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Natalie C. McKee
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Cookbook Author & Jewelry Maker’s Bus Conversion - March 26, 2023
- Their Stealthy Ambulance Conversion with Laundry Chute - March 25, 2023
- Their $22K Bus Conversion with a Murphy Bed - March 24, 2023
No one truly owns their own property in the Puget Sound or Western Washington State. The property taxes are confiscatory.
Fortunately, he has a place in the woods to sit outside and calm down and chill after seeing his tax bill. 😀
Nice use of the space. Smart to put a hand rail with plumbing pipe for safety inside to access the loft.
I’d say that if you own property in just about any place in the world then you pay taxes… whether you call them confiscatory or not. And remember, without taxes you’d have to pay for everything out of your own pocket. 🤔
Nice to see a tiny house, warts and all! Mine certainly has plenty of them! Mine is NOT a THOW, but a 14×24 cabin in the woods in northern Florida. Approximately 300 square feet, so about twice the size of yours (and therefore, too much stuff!)
Hey, Lawrence, great place you have for your Tiny House. It looks very cosy all around. Enjoy your retirement there.
Have a cousin who lives in Seattle.
One of the nicest tiny houses I’ve seen. Love the black, the use of space, and your art. The view is great too!