When Ashley lost her job, renting her 1,300-square-foot home didn’t make sense anymore. She knew she wanted to own something, but didn’t know where she wanted to put down roots. “What if I had a house that could move?” she asked herself. And that’s how she ended up with a $34.5K tiny house on wheels!
Her budget buy was rather empty and uninteresting when she purchased it — so much so that instead of feeling overjoyed when she first walked in, she felt a bit scared. But now that she’s had time to decorate and build it out — including a “catio” for her three cats — she absolutely loves her little home. Enjoy the tour!
Don’t miss other amazing tiny homes like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
DIY “Catio” & Amazing Side Porch in Acony Bell Village
Her covered porch nearly doubles the square footage of the home.
She built the “catio” under the overhang of her tiny house.
She has plenty of room to sit up in her bed.
VIDEO: Cat Lady’s Dream Tiny w/ cat walk & catio! Only $34k!
- Ashley lives in the Acony Bell Tiny Home Community in North Carolina, and was able to add on a porch and a small storage shed for her extras!
- She built a catio under the overhang of her loft for her cats. They have access via a cat door in her kitchen window.
- She works primarily from home, and added a desk to the house so she has a comfortable office.
- In her loft, there’s plenty of space for her to sit up, and she loves to read up there or watch shows on her computer.
- Community: Acony Bell Tiny Home Community
- Subscribe to Tiny House Giant Journey on YouTube
- Follow Jenna on Instagram
- Widow Downsizes to Tiny Life in Incredible Tiny House Village
- Single-Level Retirement Tiny Home in Colorado Village
- Canadian Millionare Building a Tiny House Community for Unhoused
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses