Anna and Devin made DIYed this amazing minimalist off-roading rig and even added a raised roof! Anna did most of the interior carpentry while Devin worked full-time, and while she calls it “wonky,” she really did an excellent job.
The vehicle was once a government rig, which means it had some special features. Their blacked-out back windows and huge tires help them go anywhere and enjoy the views. Their biggest splurge? A Dometic fridge. Most unique feature? They insulated it with Alpaca wool from a local farm.
Don’t miss other interesting stories like this, join our Free Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Their “Narly” Off-Roading 4×4 Van Life
Raising the roof allowed for these cool side shelves (and headroom, of course).
The cabinet setup was built in under 24 hours.
VIDEO: DIY 1999 E-350 4×4 Lifted Camper Van for Backroad Adventures
- Former Military/Police Force Member Finds Freedom in VanLife
- This Sprinter Van Conversion has a Shower and Guest-Bed!
- They Turned a Sprinter Van into a Cottage!
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Luxury Ocean Studios for Dillon Beach Resort - December 4, 2022
- Family’s 500 sq. ft. Barndominium: Home, Gym & Workshop - December 3, 2022
- Barbara’s 18 ft. Industrial Farmhouse with a Porch - December 3, 2022