Update: Elaine’s Tumbleweed tiny house is no longer available for rent at the moment but you can still enjoy this original article I published on August 22, 2011 below:
A few years ago Elaine Walker discovered and fell in love with the Lusby design by Jay Shafer of Tumbleweed Tiny Houses.
So she put her big house on the market and began building the Lusby.
After jumping through a few hoops she ended up figuring out a way to make it work since her big home wasn’t selling.
She sold her lake front land, rented out her big house and moved to California with her Lusby house.
Today she has already sold her big house so she has moved closer to San Francisco.
Elaine now has a 96-year-old two bedroom house with the tiny house on a trailer in the backyard.
So now you can book some time in one of the world’s tiniest hotels, her little Lusby. 🙂
Exterior features include:
- Shingled Roof
- Cedar siding (painted)
- Loft windows with stained inserts
- Attached to a flatbed trailer
Here’s an interesting fact about it: the insulation is made out of recycled jeans.
The full sized kitchen sink is nice. Some of them have unrealistically small ones where it’d be challenging to do your dishes.
As you can see the kitchen has everything you need…
- Coffee maker
- Double burner stove top
Here’s a little desk so you can do your writing, reading, television watching, and computing.
Toaster ovens in small spaces are always useful.
The left door gives you the bathroom. To the right is the kitchen.
- Wood ceiling
- Wood flooring
- 10-gallon electric water heater
- Antique bamboo loft ladder
Photo Credits: Elaine Walker
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- 25-Foot Boho XL Tiny House with Private Main Floor Bedroom - January 19, 2019
- Tiny Cabin with Classic Wood Stove on 6.48 Forested Acres for $59,900 - January 18, 2019
- 20-Foot Tiny House You Can Order on Amazon with Main Floor Bedroom - January 16, 2019