Bill Bowick and David Bouffard are architects who found this lovely piece of waterfront property in Sedgewick, Maine, and decided it needed some lovely cabins! It was originally a saltwater farm, which they found fascinating. Working with builder Jon Ellsworth, of Carding Brook Farm, they were able to construct three boat-inspired cabins.
The Pine, pictured below, is a 420-square-foot cabin with a studio-style layout. It’s the smallest of the cabins and built from standard 2×4 construction, while the other two cabins are timber-framed. Despite its tiny size, it offers a comfortable stay, with a galley kitchen, queen-sized bed, and 3/4 bathroom. What do you think?
Don’t miss other amazing tiny homes like this – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Amazing Cabins Built from Pine Milled Onsite
Here’s the view of the Pine from the little road.
You can see the little porch off the side.
A stove in the corner provides plenty of heat.
This sleek blue couch looks out the windows.
Notice the skylight over the bed. Perfect for stargazing!
There’s another huge window by the dining table.
I love the big wooden blocks that act as the coffee table.
Another chair for relaxing.
Galley kitchen has a beautiful window over the sink.
A two-burner cook top provides a spot to make meals or tea.
There’s a residential toilet in the bathroom.
Here’s the shower stall with a cool inlay!
Your deck among the trees.
Looking at the cabin from the woods.
- Studio-style cabin! There are two others on the property, but the Pine is one of the smaller ones.
- Private deck area where you can enjoy the gorgeous trees!
- The cozy living room space has a couch and a wood-burning stove so you can keep warm.
- There’s a queen-sized bed in the other corner for a comfortable place to sleep.
- A table indoors seats four.
- The galley kitchen has a stovetop, microwave and sink, along with various dishes, cups and cutlery.
- There’s a 3/4 bathroom with a standard toilet.
- Moody Ranch Cabin in Colorado w/ Screened-In Porch
- Swiss-Roll-Style Cabin in Canterbury: Bumble Barn
- Peace Cabin: Modern Two-Bedroom Skylit Cabin
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- 2023 NOAH-Certified 28′ Double Loft Tiny Home - December 2, 2023
- Tree House Tiny House with 3 Standing Bedrooms! - December 2, 2023
- Safe and Sonder Van Life with Hanging Swing Chairs - December 2, 2023