Imagine spending your life traveling from one unique tiny home to another, embracing the simplicity and freedom they offer. For Spud and MaryEsther Hooley, this dream has been their reality for over four decades. From a converted caboose in Idaho to a yurt in Mongolia, their journey has been a testament to the beauty and versatility of tiny living. Now settled in Sisters, Oregon, the Hooleys have embarked on their latest adventure: building their very own tiny home on wheels.
Fondly named “The North Sister” after the local mountain peak, their 300-square-foot home showcases the culmination of their construction experience and their passion for community development work around the world. Every inch of this tiny abode tells a story, with handcrafted details and ingenious design elements that maximize functionality and comfort. From custom storage stairs adorned with bamboo for a soft step to a stunning full-sized shower featuring corrugated metal and exposed copper pipes, The North Sister is a testament to the Hooleys’ dedication and creativity.
A Life on the Move: Exploring Unique Tiny Homes Around the World
Bringing Home the Inspiration: Combining Construction Experience with Global Adventures
The North Sister: A Tiny Home with Heart and Soul
Craftsmanship and Creativity: Handcrafted Details that Amaze
Embracing the Tiny Life: Lessons Learned and Future Dreams
Video Tour: Family Adventures Inspired North Sister, High-End Tiny Home
- Spud and MaryEsther Hooley have spent over 40 years living in various tiny homes across the globe, from converted cabooses to yurts and sailboats.
- Their construction experience combined with their work in community development in different countries inspired them to build their own tiny home, “The North Sister.”
- The North Sister is a 300-square-foot marvel, featuring handcrafted details and ingenious design elements that maximize functionality and comfort.
- From custom storage stairs to a stunning full-sized shower, every aspect of The North Sister reflects the Hooleys’ dedication and creativity.
- The Hooleys’ journey showcases the beauty and freedom of embracing a tiny life, leaving us inspired and dreaming of our own unique adventures.
Learn more using the links below. Thanks!
Our big thanks to Faircompanies for the original story!🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
Explore More: Tiny Houses | Builders | THOWs | Park Model Tiny Houses | Communities | Modern Tiny Houses | Real Estate | Reviews | Tiny Cabins | Tiny Cottages | Tiny Homes With No Lofts | Tiny House Interiors | Tiny House Living | Tiny Houses For Sale | Tiny Houses For Rent
The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- The Honey Suckle Rose Tiny Yurt Cabin in Austin, Texas - November 29, 2023
- Nomadic Van Life in his Nissan NV2500 That’s Built Like a Cabin - November 28, 2023
- Movable Roots’ Coastal Gem: The Tiny Wave Tiny Home - November 8, 2023