Melvin and Emily spent 2.5 years building out an incredible short bus home, complete with one of the coolest handmade cedar doors we’ve ever seen on a skoolie. They decided to travel the country after finishing their military careers and discovering how much they enjoyed camping and exploring the outdoors.
The handbuilt home is incredible on the inside as well, with wooden cabinets holding huge drawers for kitchen storage, a high-up bed with a built-in step-up, and a tiled bathroom that houses their shower and removable cassette toilet. You’re going to love the tour below!
Don’t miss other incredible shuttle buses like this, join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Rooftop Deck and Handbuilt Cedar Door!
They have oodles of storage space in the kitchen, with huge, deep drawers.
Their dinette is on the right, and there’s a bathroom on the left.
VIDEO: Veteran’s DIY Cozy Bus Home
- Melvin and Emily were in the military when they met, and spent some time camping together.
- When they were getting ready to leave the military, they were trying to decide what to do and they knew traveling was high on the list.
- They purchased this bus to convert and spent about $50,000 on the conversion.
- The front door was a special project by Melvin, and he’s especially proud because he had no construction experience beforehand and everyone stops them to ask about the door.
- There’s an exterior ladder to the rooftop deck.
- Inside they have a tiled shower stall with a removable cassette toilet.
- Traveling Musician in his $16K Shuttle Bus
- Their Short Bus with a Residential-Size Shower
- Freedom on the Road in Their Shuttle Bus Build
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- VanLab Releases Compact SUV Conversion Kit - March 2, 2024
- Woman Transforms Garage Into Her 450 Square Foot Home - March 2, 2024
- South Georgia 12×30 Cabin on Skids For Sale - March 2, 2024