These fraternity brothers weren’t interested in doing another year of online college, so they decided to convert a 1999 Thomas 3800 DT466E school bus and hit the road instead.
They had a tight budget of $10K, including the cost of the bus itself. Amazingly, they managed to stay pretty close to budget and were still able to raise the roof and add a shower and wood stove, and everything else they wanted.
Right now the guys are living off of their savings and see what the U.S. has to offer before jobs tie them down. Enjoy their video tour below.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter!
They Raised the Roof in Their School Bus Conversion
It’s very tidy and stylish!
Those live-edge slabs are looking amazing.
VIDEO: 10k DIY Raised Roof School Bus Tiny House
- She’s a Poet on a Journey in Her Skoolie
- Raising the Roof in Their Skoolie: Financial Independence Journey
- The Arrow Anglers: Family Skoolie Living
Our big thanks to Allison & Erika of Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Young Family’s $20k Tiny Home in Alaska with Twins - February 8, 2023
- His Modular Van Conversion And How To Build Your Own - February 7, 2023
- $6,000 Micro A-frame Cabin in NH - February 7, 2023