Nelson’s son, Coley, suffered a stroke four years ago. It took three years of constant care for Coley to become medically stable, and in that time Nelson left his full-time job to be Coley’s full-time caretaker. The two started going up and down the coast for shorter trips that soon became longer ones.
Eventually Nelson found his 40 Ft. Blue Bird bus and spent 5 weeks converting it into a home for the two of them. Nelson has loved the community that comes along with bus life, and taking his son to see what the world has to offer!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
40 Ft. Bus Conversion for Single Dad & Son
I like the “Sea Change” name.
The sun shade is a great idea!
It’s so cool that he added a vintage couch to the build.
VIDEO: DIY 2 Bedroom School Bus Tiny Home for Father & Son
- His son had a stroke 4 years ago
- Once he was medically stable, they started taking trips
- Eventually decided to go full-time!
- Open-concept living area
- Berkey water filter
- Antique furniture
- Two “bedrooms”
- Low-profile roof deck
- Building an Epic $15,000 School Bus Tiny Home After Losing Her Job
- His Bus Build Tiny Home with a Murphy Bed
- Single Mom Builds School Bus Tiny Home on a Budget
Our big thanks to Tiny Home Tours for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
‘If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Murphy Bed & Amazing Storage in Freelancer’s Awesome Van - May 24, 2022
- Her DIY Reclaimed Materials Tiny Home in Oregon - May 24, 2022
- Couple’s Bus Conversion Built To Fit A Growing Family - May 23, 2022