Do you have a helicopter fanatic in your life? Or just love staying in unique places? Well, this Chinook CH-47D helicopter has been transformed into an awesome two-bedroom vacation cabin, and you can sleep in the cockpit!
Plexiglass panels allow you to see some of the original helicopter workings, while the rest of the interior has been finished in a “modern space” aesthetic that fits perfectly with the location. There’s a full kitchen, two queen bedrooms, and a couch that becomes two twin beds. The wet bath is quite spacious and has the coolest basin sink! Take a look below!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Military Chopper Turned into Two-Bedroom Vacation Stay
Eat outdoors under the faux-leaf awning.
Or eat indoors around this convertible coffee table.
Plexiglass panels allow you to see some of the original components of the helicopter.
The interior has a space/modern vibe, which is appropriate!
The couch turns into two more beds at night.
The epoxy-pour countertops look really nice!
A full-sized oven makes meal prep a breeze.
There’s also a two-door refrigerator.
The bathroom is just beyond the kitchen.
It’s a wet bath with a really cool tile wall.
Linens are provided.
What a neat sink!
The main bedroom has all the original controls from the chopper!
Sit in the chairs and pretend you’re soaring!
More plexiglass panels show you the inner workings of the craft.
Hang up your clothes here.
Here’s the view heading back down the hallway.
The army green canvases close off the bedrooms for privacy.
Here’s the second bedroom.
The mini-splits keep the space a comfortable temperature.
The back deck makes it feel like you might fall into the sky!
The yard is fenced in, since you can bring up to one dog.
Relax in the hammock or play some cornhole.
- Experience a truly UNIQUE Stay! “Chinook” is situated on a serene 5-acre compound inside the breathtaking Withlacoochee State Forest and the thrilling Croom Motorcycle Area, outside of Brooksville, FL
- A REAL repurposed Chinook CH-47D helicopter
- Two cozy bedrooms
- One full bathroom
- Fully equipped and stocked kitchen
- WIFI, Satellite TV and Air conditioning
- Bedroom 1… Queen sized bed… Sleeps 2.
- Bedroom 2… Queen sized bed… Sleeps 2.
- Living Area… Pull-out double twin trundle sofa,… Sleeps 2.
- Chinook sleeps up to 6 people. There is an additional fee of $20.00 per guest per night after 4 people.
- Five acre private fenced and gated compound, inside 2600 acres of riding trails at Croom Motorcycle Area and the Withlacoochee State Forest.
- “Chinook” is a private modern 2/1 converted REAL helicopter, with private access to Croom’s trails, situated on a portion of Moto Ranch’s compound.
- Fully stocked kitchen with what you need during your stay.
- Fenced yard for the kids, the pup, and your toys.
- Outdoor grill, deck w/ built in table and tons of seating for everyone.
- Motorcycle/ATV Wash station right in your fenced yard.
- Acres of spacious outdoor common gathering areas, with pergola seating and a fire pit.
- Tons of parking for all the toys, haulers and multiple cars.
- Washer and dryer/laundry room located in the “Graffiti Container” for cleaning up after your activities.Smart Lock access for your convenient self check in.
- Military Truck Overlander w/ Airplane Cockpit
- Cessna Aircraft and Tiny House Vacation in France
- You’ve Heard About Van Life: How About A Helicopter Stay?
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
‘If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses