This is a rare 1993 VW California Camper imported from Germany in September of 2020, according to the ad.
It’s listed for sale on the Facebook Marketplace via RVT.com for $43,000 out of Naples, Florida. It’s a pretty cool little van, seems to be in good condition, hence the hefty price tag. Take a look and learn more below. What do you think?
Don’t miss other interesting vans and tiny homes for sale like this, join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more stuff like this!
Rare ’93 VW California Camper Van
This van features a high-top, too!
It also features a unique 5 cylinder diesel turbo engine.
The engine also has a factory installed tune kit on it that makes it a little faster than usual.
It’s a 1993 Volkswagen California Edition Camper Van.
Here’s a look inside the high-top sleeping area.
The cockpit. 🙂
The seating and window curtains.
The Westfalia refrigerator.
A fully featured onboard kitchenette.
How cool is that!
Built in storage compartments to make the best use of the space.
Rear access with the outdoor shower and some extra storage.
- Rare Westfalia T4 Volksagen Camper – California Edition
- Factory dealer installed turbodiesel intercooler kit from Huber tuning
- 5 cylinder 2.4 diesel engine with manual 5 speed transmission
- Two owners
- Maintenance records
- Imported from Germany in September of 2020
- Features include…
- Sink with freshwater tank
- Solar panels
- Diesel heating system
- Factory fold out beds
- Cabinets and storage compartments
- Speedometer reads 231,804 kilometers which converts to 144,036 miles
- Prior to shipment from Germany, the following services were completed to the vehicle:
- 1) Complete brakes
- 2) Timing belt with tensioner
- 3) Water pump
- 4) Complete front end
- 5) Fluids: coolant, brakes, engine oil, transmission oil
- 6) All filters
- 7) All belts
- 8) Front tires.
- 231,804 kilometers (144,036 miles)
- Project Yonder’s 2016 LWB Volkswagen Crafter Van Conversion: SOLD
- 1999 Winnebago Volkswagen Eurovan Camper in Phoenix for 24,500usd
- Rens Pels’ 1959 Volkswagen Ghia with Chuki Teardrop Camper
- How to Live as a Van Dweller in a 1991 Volkswagen Westfalia
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more! Thank you!
More Like This: Vans | For Sale | Vehicles | Van Conversions For Sale | Van Conversions | Van Life | Van Dwelling
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Alex (see all)
- Cow Shed Tiny House at Easton Farm Park in the UK - June 2, 2023
- The Redwood Tiny House: A Spacious and Luxurious Home on Wheels - May 29, 2023
- Game Changer in Electric Camper Vans: The ePro by Maxwell Vehicles - May 28, 2023
This van is really nice, but I don’t see anything that justifies that price tag for an almost 30 year old vehicle.
Marcy, I agree.
Condition is also a factor and not just age, in like new state or even new engine will have a much higher value than a old rust bucket that may not even run…
There’s also rareness and collect-ability that can add to the perceived value and thus isn’t always directly comparable to other similar products…
Some products can also just depreciate very slowly, certain products with a loyal following, or just very high quality to begin with, can retain substantial value even decades later… Take Airstreams for example, very different market from the rest of the RV market…