Tragically, Derek lost his mother when he was 18 years old. He got around $40,000 from her life insurance and was able to use that money to purchase his $26,000 home on wheels. Now he feels like his home is an extension of her. Derek immediately painted his home a variety of bold, wonderful colors and changes the paint and styles up frequently.
Just recently, he invited two roommates to move in with him and his dog and cat. Compared to the high cost of living in his former Portland apartment, spending just around $200 per month for his home ad utilities is pretty amazing! What do you think?
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
With Roommates, His Rent is Around $200/Month
He used a couple of tapestries in the build to create soft ceilings.
Derek and his roommates.
VIDEO: After losing his mother at 18, he bought an affordable Tiny Home
- Colorful 40-ft. Container Home in Florida
- Funky Modern Tiny House with Aged Siding
- The Purple Heritage: Summit Tiny Homes Classic with a Pop of Color!
Our big thanks to Tiny House Giant Journey for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Scandinavian-Inspired Tiny House with a Sauna in Ohio - October 1, 2022
- Tattoo Artist’s Epic Raised-Roof Rig - September 30, 2022
- Financially Free in Their Van Conversion with a Wet Bath - September 30, 2022