Meet Erika: When her twin sister and long-time roommate bought a house with her boyfriend, Erika had a choice to make — either she could keep working in the job she hated to afford an apartment alone, or she could move back home and build her very own tiny space.
As you can guess, Erika chose to go tiny, and spent 2 years and 3 months creating her completely unique tiny house on wheels, spending a total of $35,000. She admits now that the $9k she spent on the trailer was far too much, but she was completely new to tiny homes and didn’t know better at the time. Despite spending more than she could have, she is now completely debt-free due to her decision to go tiny!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Custom DIY THOW on New York Finger Lakes
Here’s Erika, loving her tiny life.
View from the living room.
Check out this storage under the kitchen floor!
You can see her darling vintage-style refrigerator.
Here’s her bedroom loft accessible via ladder.
Here she changed up the bedding. Look at her map ceiling though!
That custom stained glass window is such a lovely feature.
Her couch doubles as table seating and turns into a bed.
Erika, trying her hands at blogging.
The open door letting some sunlight in.
Here’s her secondary loft, which she says she rarely uses despite having such a small home!
It does look like a perfect spot to do some painting.
She’s all ready for her twin sister to visit!
Her oven came from an old Shasta camper.
And here’s her tiny bathroom with composting toilet and shower stall.
The bathroom in the misty morning light.
- Took 2 Years & 3 Months to Build
- Spent $35,000 ($9,000 for trailer)
- 8.5’W x 20’L x 13.5’H
- 162 Square feet
- She’s now debt-free!
- Monthly expenses around $250/month
- Honeoye Lake, NY on parent’s property at her childhood home
- They Sold Their 5,000 Sq. Ft. Home & Built A Luxury DIY Tiny House!
- DIY Off-Grid Eco Cabin Getaway in Texas
- Couple’s DIY Tiny House Parked at a Nudist Club!
Our big thanks to Erika for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Documentary On Building a Tiny House Entirely from Reclaimed Materials - August 19, 2022
- Charlene’s Park Model with Massive Porch & Outdoor Fireplace - August 19, 2022
- Their Tiny House has a Big Kitchen and Bathroom - August 18, 2022