A year out of undergrad, Mariah found herself in an emotional — and financial — crisis. She was trying to make sense of some childhood instability and find direction, when she stumbled upon a woman living in her tiny house. Graciously, that THOW-owner welcomed Mariah to look around, and that’s when everything changed for her.
She had no building experience (and not a lot of money), but after four years she had completed her amazing tiny house, and she’s been living in it for three years. Her self-built success inspired her to start a tiny house coaching/spacial design company, which supports her.
Some of the home’s unique features include a half-loft bedroom, sky-lit shower, and Shou-Sugi Ban clapboarding that Mariah burned herself! Enjoy the Tiny House Giant Journey interview below.
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes like this one – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter
From No Building Experience to Self-Built Home-Owner
She went with an open, minimalist design.
Her counter space folds down when not needed.
This shower is what dreams are made of!
She had barely used a drill when she got started.
VIDEO: She Built a Beautiful TINY HOUSE for only $12,384
- Follow Mariah on Instagram
- Mariah’s Business website
- Subscribe to Tiny House Giant Journey on YouTube
- Lindsay and Eric’s DIY THOW with a Steam Room!
- Jon & Christina’s SIP-Built DIY THOW in Florida
- Former Lead THOW Carpenter Builds His Own $16K Tiny House
Our big thanks to Jenna for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Mønhuset H-Shaped 1087 sq. ft. Farmhouse - November 27, 2021
- 753 Sq. Ft. Mønhuset Longhouse Small Home Design - November 26, 2021
- Woodberry’s Farm Treehouse w/ Tons of Rustic Accents - November 25, 2021