Jon is a PC-gamer in law school and Christina is finishing up her Master’s degree. After a three-year long-distance relationship, Christina sold her 1200 square foot fixer-upper in North Carolina and moved down to Florida to live with Jon. She’d been a fan of tiny homes for a long time, and it seemed like a great chance for the couple to save money and pay down student loans.
They’re lucky enough to park on Jon’s parent’s land, and they used SIPs (structurally insulated panels) to create the frame and roof of the home. As such, all their walls are magnetic, which is kind of neat!
The home is 32’ long, 8.5’ wide, 13.5’ tall, and has two lofts — a Master loft with stair access, and then a craft/reading loft with a really neat sliding DIY ladder. Tiny Home Tours did a great video tour of the place which can watch below!
Don’t miss other amazing tiny houses like this, join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
They Built Their THOW with SIPs in about 8 Months
The couple also have a dog and a bird living with them.
Most of the cabinets are from IKEA.
VIDEO: Their Gorgeous DIY Tiny Home with Bathtub
- 230-sq.-ft. Craftsman Tiny House (For Sale) With Skylight, Copper Gutters, And Large Windows
- 30-ft. Craftsman Tiny House by Liberation Tiny Homes
- Stunning Urban Craftsman Tiny House on Wheels
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Working Less, Spending More Time Outside in their DIY THOW - June 25, 2021
- Family w/ 4 Kids Choose 5th Wheel To Go Debt-Free - June 25, 2021
- NOMADfest Private Gathering for Nomadic Souls Sept. 17-20 - June 25, 2021