Meet Lindsay, a 63-year-old English woman who had a dream to start an eco village in Morocco — and did just that! Using a 2-brick mold, she and volunteers have created some 10,000 adobe bricks over the past 5 years to create a number of structures in the village including her home, the “boat house,” volunteer accommodations and a “yin-yang” retreat.
The Assilah Eco Village currently accepts between 2-3 volunteers to live and work at the village in 3-week-or-longer stints. It’s a great chance to learn how to build with natural materials like bamboo, cob, straw, and eucalyptus wood. You can request to work with her (COVID-travel-permitting) here.
Enjoy the awesome video interview from FLORB with Lindsay and see her village below!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Eco Village with Four Cob/Adobe Structures
This is the inside of the “boat house” made with wood from some recycled boats.
Here’s the volunteer dorm, next to the cable spool house.
Here’s the beautiful grass-topped “Yin Yang” retreat
Inside there are a number of couches and bunks.
And this romantic bed cave!
Lindsey has done the work with the help of volunteers.
Here’s the bathroom in her home.
And her open-concept living and kitchen space.
VIDEO: Woman Creates Tiny House Cottage and Eco Village
- Eco village in Morocco
- Started by 63-year-old English woman
- 5 years in the making
- Multiple adobe/cob structures
- Main house
- Boat house (from recycled boats)
- Volunteer door
- Cable spool home
- Yin-Yang retreat
- Building a community hub right now
- The First Resident at Escape Tampa Bay Tiny House Village
- Woman’s Magical Cob House Built Earth and Reclaimed Materials
- DIY Off-Grid Eco Cabin Getaway in Texas
Our big thanks to FLORB for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- World Traveling Couple Turn to Van Life - August 12, 2022
- Retired Couple Went From Airstream to Custom Tiny Home - August 12, 2022
- Scandinavian-Inspired 1963 Airstream Overlander - August 11, 2022