Bruce Winckler saw a lovely whimsical treehouse crafted by Daniel Huscroft and Timothy Lindberg, and thought that kind of dwelling would fit perfectly on Vancouver Island where he lived. He asked the builders if they’d create a cottage in the same vein, and they agreed.
And so this Hansel and Gretel cottage came off the pages of a storybook and into real life! It’s about 450 square feet, not including the loft bedroom, and while the exterior has fairy tale charm, the interior has a clean and contemporary feel with all the creature comforts.
You’ll love the video interview and tour with Living Big in a Tiny House which you can watch below!
Don’t miss other interesting tiny homes – join our FREE Tiny House Newsletter for more!
Bruce’s Storybook Cottage with Contemporary Interior
As you can see, the interior is clean and contemporary
The grand stone fireplace keeps the place warm during the winter.
The 3/4 bath has a glass standing shower and flush toilet.
Up the stars is the cottage loft bedroom.
And yes, there’s a hot tub!
What do you think of this magical spot?
VIDEO: Storybook Cottage By The Sea
- Built on Vancouver Island in British Columbia
- Total cost came to $175,000
- Stick-built construction
- Cedar shingles hand-bent to fit on roof
- One loft bedroom
- 450 square feet
- 3/4 Bath with shower stall and flush toilet
- Kitchen and living area
- Large stone fireplace
- Fairytale Cob Cottage with Living/Green Roof
- Mother Eve Fairytale Tiny House Stay with Hot Tub, Zion National Park
- She Built A Beautiful Tiny Cottage on Silts in Texas
Our big thanks to Living Big in a Tiny House for sharing! 🙏
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses
Latest posts by Natalie C. McKee (see all)
- Archways, Tuck-Away Toilet & Cedar Shower Van Conversion - February 4, 2023
- Full-Time Travel in Her 1983 Sun Lite Truck Camper - February 3, 2023
- Friland Tiny House on Northern Italian Cliff - February 3, 2023