“Rebellious” — that’s a great way to describe the tiny house movement, huh? Bucking the tide of “normal” McMansions and sometimes bending the laws to live more simply. Maybe that’s why Patricia & Jean-François named their Baluchon-built tiny house Insoumise, which roughly translates to “rebellious” in English (according to Google Translate, feel free to correct me!).
Walk through the sliding glass doors into the living room, where their sleeper sofa acts as a guest bed. They can eat breakfast at their table beside a large picture window, after preparing a meal in their compact kitchen with oak counter tops.
By far the neatest part of the home is the loft bedroom, where a huge skylight provides nature views from the bed. Enjoy the photo tour!
Don’t miss other quality tiny homes like this for sale, join our FREE Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter for more!
Tiny House on Wheels w/ A Giant Bedroom Window View
The dark red accent wall adds a pop of color.
A large picture window provides a perfect backdrop to the dinette.
There’s a barn door to the bathroom.
The loft bedroom uses a headboard as a partition.
The red carries into the kitchen in the cabinets.
There’s a four-burner oven.
Little cube shelves for showing off plates.
The comfortable couch has great views out the slider.
Look at the view from the big window while they lie in bed.
The bathroom has a composting toilet.
The shower stall has a cool sloped wall.
Open shelving for toilet paper and linens.
What a beautiful build!
- Baluchon trailer with paint option and extended boom
- Useful length 6 meters
- Spruce class 2
- Cotton, linen and hemp for floors and walls
- and wood fiber for the ceiling
- WINDOWS AND DOOR
- Mixed wood / aluminum joinery
- Double glazing
- HARDWARE STORE
- RAIN GUARD AND STEAM BRAKE
- Proclimat rain screen and OuatEco vapor barrier (hygrovariable)
- De Dietrich electric water heater , Klarstein refrigerator, Hotpoint gas cooker .
- PARQUET / FLOOR
- Massive heat-treated Landes pine and solid spruce.
- Blades screwed onto joists and glazed.
- Aluminum box with standing seams
- Cladding cedar with
- UV saturator and partial aluminum cladding with standing joints
- É raw white spruce Picea planed natural
- Solid oak and spruce
- Lunos dual-flow CMV + air extractor
- ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
- Legrand switchgear and LED lighting
- Isabelle’s Baluchon-Built Tiny House: The Nottingham
- Anne-Claire’s Green Titmouse THOW by Baluchon
- Tiny Hauméa House with Cat Door by Baluchon
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
If you enjoyed this you’ll LOVE our Free Daily Tiny House Newsletter with even more!
You can also join our Small House Newsletter!
Also, try our Tiny Houses For Sale Newsletter! Thank you!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Tiny Houses